Thursday, April 12, 2012

What is the best profession to make money?

[:1]Recently i been trying to make more money as i get higher in lvl ( i am a 34 now) i made about 30g in the last two days selling copper bars, tin bars, bronze bars. then selling stuff like wool and silk. I made a pretty penny. so i took up enchanting but the thing thats bothers me is a lot of people won't take enchants for FREE. I am trying to lvl but people are like no thanks.

I think i am lvl 57 in enchanting by actually doing the same enchant over and over to my own bracers to lvl up. but seeing at the moment it is not that great.

hated blacksmithing.

So far the the only profitable profession i have experienced is mining what else gets ya good money. anyone try jewelcrafting?|||From what kcma has said....jewelcrafting take a ton of raw mats...so you may want to stay away from that. At 34 you can farm a decent herb or two....like by going to.....that place....where the dragon for ony attunement is.....the swamp....(thinking allowed :P). I think its swamp of sorrows...

Anyways, there are a ton of herbs there that make a decent potion for mages and spell damage players (Arcane Elixir). Those sell for about 1G a stack...and you can probably make 10 stacks during a quick runthrough or two of that zone.

Prior to the release of TBC I could make atleast 20g in about 15 minutes by going to farm dreamfoil. It sold like hotcakes. But with the release of TBC (and better potions...)they have slowed down quite a bit.|||so alchemy and herb are good money makers.

I see people on boulderfist selling jewels for 5g so thats why i asked about that.|||Play the Auction House. Use the kcma technique. It will make you a tonne more money than professions will and only takes about half an hour every day.

It also leaves you free to focus on levelling so you can get to Outland so you can get to the massive gold drops there, which makes the 30g profit we're squabbling over now seem small.|||That should change as more people get high-level jewelcrafting ability.|||just level up your enchanting on yourself silly... who cares if other ppl don't want free enchants...

i'm still very bitter about how i can't DE high lvl greens @ lvl 18 >.<|||Oooo....sorry...didn't check back to this thread.

Each proffesion has the ability to amke a huge amount of money. KNowing what items to make and sell is huge to making the gold.

The first Jewlecrafter to 300 on my server (Got there within 12 hours of TBC being released...) made about 1000 gold in the first 24 hours. There IS profit to be made...but as far as a non-upper level is concerned...gathering proffesions are where the money is at. I mentioned alchemy because there is definatly money to be had at that iwht lower level recipes.|||i find lower level recipes to be not worth the time... if u buy mats off AH... that cuts your profit... if you gather mats... that takes too long... just my thoughts /shrug :)|||yeah but a lot of low level alc potions go well on many servers. Rage pots, Elixer of Giant Strength (just for kicks of course), Free Action Pots, Breathing Pots there is money to be had in Alchemy|||OK, I'm going to share a secret I used to make 500+G in about a month beofre TBC was released. I only wish I had thought of it sooner! It's an engineering thing, btw.

So, there's a quest in EPL called "That's asking a lot!" and it asks for a few engineered items. Now, I know what you're thinking "There's already a dozen people selling the Hi-Explosive bombs, and the mats are pretty expensive anyway!" Yup, that's true. That's why we're not making the bombs. We're making their oft-neglected counterpart, the Unstable Triggers!

Even just buying the mats from the AH, each set of 8 triggers (what is required for the quest) costs about 2.5g to make. I could sell 8 triggers for 6g all day long. If I put up 5 sets one day, I'd have 30g in my mailbox the next day. Seriously. They sold almost every single time, and their deposit is low, so if they don't sell, no big deal! If there's no Hi-Explosive bombs up (which was rare on my server) then I'd go ahead and list an 8-pack for 15g, which would make some money, but it was mostly to push the triggers. People don't usually buy one without the other.

I realize the market is probably slower and the mat cost a little higher now than pre-BC, but I listed the 4 sets I had leftover from before I switched to JC, and they all sold.

Just a tip to make some money in that is often just a money-sink profession.

1 comment:

  1. I know how to monetize your blog search on facebook - Yoogurn's money making

    ReplyDelete