Saturday, April 14, 2012

How do I unlearn a profession?

[:1]It's a secondary skill not a profession, but oh well. I wish to unlearn cooking and take up leathercraft in its place (I think that Leathercraft is a secondary skill, sorrect me if I'm wrong). I have skinning and herbalism as my 2 professions so Leathercraft would be helpful. I looked on the wiki but couldn't find what I was looking for, so I figured I would ask here. Thank you

EDIT: Ok, it's a primary profession, I just checked. Is it worth unlearning herbalism to take up leathercraft? Is leathercraft profitable/easy to make money from?|||Quote:








It's a secondary skill not a profession, but oh well. I wish to unlearn cooking and take up leathercraft in its place (I think that Leathercraft is a secondary skill, sorrect me if I'm wrong). I have skinning and herbalism as my 2 professions so Leathercraft would be helpful. I looked on the wiki but couldn't find what I was looking for, so I figured I would ask here. Thank you

EDIT: Ok, it's a primary profession, I just checked. Is it worth unlearning herbalism to take up leathercraft? Is leathercraft profitable/easy to make money from?




You'll make more money from the 'gathering' professions as a fairly new player. It's worthwhile to mine, skin, gather herbs, fish and sell what you gather on the Auction House to make money. I'd suggest taking up a crafting profession like leatherworking later on at a higher level.|||I am personally opposed against two gathering professions for new players - I know not many people agree with me there, since money is very important too. But crafting is fun, and you can actually make more money with it now than you used to. I recently started a new hunter on another server, and I've got about 20 gold now at level 19, just for selling my excessive leather and excessive gear I made. Granted, it could be 30 or even 40 when I had mining instead of leatherworking, but 20 is enough for me at that level now that I don't need 90 gold for a mount anymore.

If you're a hunter, rogue, feral druid or enhancement shaman, feel free to take up leatherworking instead of herbalism. Crafting got some love recently (better gear at lower levels) so I feel it's definately worth it if you are any of these classes or specs. Now more leather casting gear at lower levels would be awesome, it's almost all agility, stamina and crit rating.|||I've changed my mind a little. I prefer Herbalism to Skinning at the moment, so maybe drop skinning and take up alchemy? Thanks for the advice I've heard there's good money in alchemy, and it will be helpful making my own potions and stuff.

EDIT: Also, how do I unlearn a profession? ^^|||Go into skills on your character, pick the proffession and it will come up in the lower box/area - click the little red icon to unlearn. As shown here;
|||Oops, seems I forgot to answer your original question, got sidetracked a bit. Sorry bout that, odinsnephew solved the mystery already.

"Elly", how cute. In Diablo II I actually try to refresh the Act I mercenary screen until I find an "Elly" I can take along. Or "Gaile", but I don't know how many people here remember her.

By the way, leatherworking is a primary professions. The only secondary professions are Cooking, First Aid and Fishing. In Cataclysm, another will be added: archeology. The primary professions are mining, herbalism, skinning, blacksmithing, alchemy, leatherworking, engineering, jewelcrafting, tailoring, inscription and enchanting. You can have two primary professions and all three secondary professions.|||Quote:








I've changed my mind a little. I prefer Herbalism to Skinning at the moment, so maybe drop skinning and take up alchemy? Thanks for the advice I've heard there's good money in alchemy, and it will be helpful making my own potions and stuff.

EDIT: Also, how do I unlearn a profession? ^^




To me, Alchemy is one of the few really useful professions to take up from a low level. As you say, you can make your own potions and stuff. If you pair it with Herbalism, you'll find both will level up at nearly the same rate as you use your gathered herbs to make new kinds of potions. And they do sell well on the AH. No problem at all selling them there for good money and quickly too.

One other advantage to Herbalism is that it is what I think of as an 'incidental' profession. It's easy to work at it as you do quests and just generally explore. Every time you level up enough to work in a new area you will find new kinds of herbs to gather. I think, too, that herbs are more numerous than mineral nodes, or so it seems to me.|||Where can I learn Alchemy? It doesn't say on the page for it on the wiki. Thanks again.|||There are profession trainers in every capital and in lots of starting towns too (well, where there is an inn). Just ask a guard for proper directions.|||Quote:








There are profession trainers in every capital and in lots of starting towns too (well, where there is an inn). Just ask a guard for proper directions.




So my nearest should be in the crafting district of Darnassus? Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment