Thursday, April 19, 2012

Enchanting or Engineering ?

Just a quick question. My hunter is level 45 and currently Im Skinner/Enchanter. I only picked up enchanting to DE stuff from SFK runs and now I really dont use it, so its only skilled up to 86. I was thinking of switching to engineering since I have never tried that proffesion. I dont want to go back to powerlevel mining or herbalism. Would you suggest starting with engineering or staying with Enchanting?|||If you don't have a miner, steer clear from Engineering.

It'll ruin your bank account.|||Surely you will want to keep enchanting to DE stuff you find and in other instances or solo runs?|||I'd definitely stick with enchanting. You can keep yourself enchanted at all times, and once you get higher up the amount of money you can make with taking trips through the lower level instances and selling the enchanting mats is nice.

A lot nicer than trying to level engineering without picking up mining.|||If he powerleveled mining before, he must have a miner somewhere. You can perfectly level up engineering with a mining alt.

If your enchanting is only that low, though, I would suggest trying to level it up and see if you like it. It gets more interesting later on when you get bigger enchants and/or more advanced disenchanting mats to sell. If you would only take engineering because you haven't seen this profession yet, you can always do that later, maybe with an alt. If your enchanting is only 86, you haven't seen that profession either, trust me.

On the other hand, if you are fairly certain you want to drop enchanting (but if you were, would you be asking this question?), you are better off dropping it now that it's still so low, of course.

We can give you all the advice you want, in the end it's still your choice. I do have to say that you need a miner to be able to level up engineering without going completely broke, but an alt miner is okay (if he keeps his skill up, of course).|||Engineering is more like a fun profession and you usually see engineering items like repair machine, jump cable, flying mounts, rocket boots, bombs, the endgame goggles, scopes...

Enchanting is to enhance the stats of armors or weapons and disenchant items to make enchanting mats.

If you don't want to bother your friend to DE stuff for you, I would say keep your enchanting profession and level it to 301 to DE purple items. Other than that, drop it.

Enchanting to me is kind of useless because 1) I can not enchant my other alts' worn items and 2) the high end enchanting formulas take lots of grinding and luck to learn.

All professions except enchanting (not talking about DE) have some trade items that you can sell on the AH or use for other alts. Enchanters have to use the trade channel and spam enchant items to make some pitiful tips. It is more logical and feasible to buy the mats and ask enchanters to do the job for you instead of spend thousands of gold leveling it yourself.

Do you like to spend an hour or so in a major city and advertise your service? I would rather see NElf or BElf�s naked dance advertisement than enchanters� spam.|||Well, this is my third toon. I have to 70's (Rogue/Lock), but I quit playing for almost a year. When I came back I wanted the thrill of doing it all over again without help from my alts, so I rolled my newest (BE Hunter) on a new server.

Ive done Mining, Herbalism, Alchemy, Tailoring and Enchanting already on my others. I took skinning for the profit (works well on my server) But looking at the economy I see that Engineering on my server would be a huuuuuge money hole. Thanks for the advice. I think Ill just stay Enchanting and farm SM a few times over the weekend to level it up|||I would personally keep enchanting. I have a level 22 rogue with the same Enchanting/Skinning combo, and it works quite well. I send him the greens from instances I farm (SFK, DM, SM). If I were you I'd farm Scarlet Monestary: Graveyard, because there are a lot of greens there (mostly 26-30), and the monsters are low level (31-32). There's also a higher drop rate for some blue items: 0.02% instead of 0.01% for the 33-35 BoE blues. I farmed the instance around four times and got a blue, which sold for 20g on the AH.

A reason to keep enchanting is so you can get an edge over other players. Most players don't have enchants on their gear unless they're a enchanter or a twink. My rogue has 1050 health at level 22, and around 210 enchanting. His attack power is about average for his level though (not many good Agi/Str enchants just yet).

Getting it just for DEing isn't a bad idea to bring in some extra cash after an unlucky run, but I'd suggest leveling it to stay ahead of the pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment