Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Enchanting Weapon Question

Can:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Formula:_Ench...ajor_Intellect

be used on a two handed axe? I notice the enchant slots page makes a distinction between melee weapons and two handed weapons. Is a two handed axe a melee weapon?

(Sorry about the link, couldn't figure out how to make it come out right)|||yes 2h axe is a melee weapon so you can have your int enchant on it.

a melee weapon is any weapon that goes in main or off hand that you use to physicaly stike someone with.|||yes, you can.

no, you dont want to.|||a mana user with an axe.... how uncommon.|||The difference is there because there are some enchants that are for 2H weapons ONLY. Those you cannot use on just any weapon, they need to be 2H.

and... int? on a melee weapon?|||I can't think of any example where you wouldn't be better off with some type of +SD enchant weapon used by a mana user.|||better off putting mongoose, executioner, or crusader on it. at least you get a better glow.|||Quote:








a mana user with an axe.... how uncommon.




My hunter was well geared other than for mana and had to drink more than I liked. My guildmate had 302 enchanting and did not have any super recipes from drops. Gold is no problem. Getting some more intellect was my goal. Some of my future equipment (I have choice items waiting in the bank) are pretty agility intensive so I wasn't looking at more agi.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ar&n=Hephzibah

Having improved my mana on a few fronts I am now very happy with my hunter who rarely drinks.

As to why it's an axe--this hunter is character based and using a dwarf weapon is part of the character. In order to make up for the dearth of axes that are hunter friendly I will be doing enchants as I level up and when I get a choice axe I'll be on the lookout for an enchanter who can do the +35agi.

As to the glow, it looks fine to me!|||LOL

RP > logic|||having an axe weapon is great for hunters. i just dont see the enchant really useful besides, yes... getting your mana up. but im sorry, i was thinking of clothies when i made my comment. i dont think they can even use axes. hehe. glad it worked out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment