Thursday, April 19, 2012

lvl 60 with herbalism and skinning

I need to make 120g for my epic mount, but due to the transfer from azeroth to outland, im a bit lost about how to make money the fastest with my two professions, I'd appreciate any help on this as I have no idea whether to search azeroth for herbs or outland for herbs, or go kill outland mobs for leather or kill mobs in azeroth for leather.

My skinning is about 302

My herbalism is about 315.

Thanks for any help|||skinning will suck. you'll get mainly knothide leather scraps from your kills for now. that wont give you much. but you can farm outland herbs and go back to azeroth and skin beasts. i suggest running up and down felwood and ungoro (and dragonkin in burning steppes). they give rugged leathers that sell for a lot, and at the 48-52 range so they die faster than those in wintersprings/silithus/epl.|||Ok cool, thanks for the info|||or you can do your questing in outlands, vendor trash items you pick up, and you'll get that 120 gold in about a few hours worth of play. seriously, each time my bag fills up, i go back and vendor all my grays and i end up making about 10-15 gold. and that's only in the beginning stages of HFP. from level 58-60 i made about 400 gold, just by questing in outlands, and vendoring every single gray i see.|||well, me being the stupid shammy that I am... I grinded in HFP from 58 - 60, so i could quest now, but im picky and i would always be thinking 'man, i need my epic mount...', so ill just use my professions to earn the 125g i need|||Quote:








well, me being the stupid shammy that I am... I grinded in HFP from 58 - 60, so i could quest now, but im picky and i would always be thinking 'man, i need my epic mount...', so ill just use my professions to earn the 125g i need




no that works just fine. good luck with your task. its not so hard. check the AH for prices of Rugged leathers if you're going that route. on my server, the rugged leathers costs about 10 gold per stack. so good luck with that.|||For Herbalism go to the Dead Mire in Zangamarsh. You can kill Bog Lords and Withered Giants, loot them and then herb them. Both the loot and herbing will often give you Motes of Life. Ten of those makes a Primal Life which sells well (24 gold on my server). You can also herb any dead ones that people have looted first but not herbed. Often there are mounds of them lying around for the herbing. Spend an evening doing this and you will have a minimum of 5 Primal Lifes. The herbs they drop sell well too, Terorcone etc.. There are also some nice herbs around the Dead Mire itself that sell well such as Ragveil. Felweed is everywhere in the outlands and while not selling as high as Terorcone is easy to get. Also note that several of these herbs sometimes have a Mote of Life with them.

Another one you will get both with Outland herbs and more commonly from the Dead Mire mobs is Fel Lotus. A single one goes for 20-30 gold on my server. The Dead Mire is your gold farming bonanza!!|||ok cool, what sort of level would I be looking at to safely go to the dead mire and kill bog lords with decent speed?|||As I recall the bog lords are level 61-64 with most of them being 61 or 62. They move slow and are easy to kill. You have to watch out for the Hydra thingies there, they are fast and hit harder. Not too many of them though and you can skin them. Generally you just run around the circumference of the mire killing, herbing and scabbing off corpses that are unherbed. If you go there and there are a lot of other people harvesting at the same time that's a help if you find them a bit challenging, thins 'ems out. The middle of the marsh has more hydras and less Bog/Giants so running around is best.

There are several quests that require you to kill these things, the one I looked up ("Natural Enemies", requires Bog Lord Tendrils) you need to be 61 to get. My mage was pretty sucky still at that stage and managed fine with the Bog Lords because of their slowness.|||yea bog lords wont give you money right now since you're only level 60. wait til you at least get to 62 otherwise they will be a pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment