Thursday, April 19, 2012

2 gathering proffesions

Hi, i have a warrior and my proffesions are currently Mining/blacksmithing but i was thinking of switching to skinning/mining. I was wondering if having two gathering proffesions is an unadvantage or if its better to have Mining/blacksmithing in the long run.|||having blacksmithing as a warrior is great and will help you out a lot. BUT it will cost you a small fortune (or even very large) to lvl it to 375 so you can actualy make the items you need at 70. also the gear you can make as a bs is only on par with dungeon drops or kara drops. once you go past the t4 raid situation at end game then being a bs is really only handy so you can make the resistence armour you need for some boss fights and the armour is boe so any b/s can make it. my warrior is in t4 equiv gear and i have not one single piece of crafted gear on.|||I can't answer for Warrior (I assume it's useful to make your own gear) but my alt is a Warlock with skinning/mining. I needed a break from the gold-drain that is alchemy/herb which my main has (only just starting to reap any fundz now that the alchemy is 245).

Anyway.. I plan to have my Warlock be the epic in WEALTH. She will buy whatever she needs. As a comparison she is lvl 23 and has 83 gold. When my Mage was lvl 40 she only had barely had enough to buy her mount. As I recall she had a handful of copper left after that purchase. So.... at this point I consider the gather-only choice a success. I did ask this very question somewhere when first looking into it on this forum and got a lot of positives.

If you change your mind down the track you will have enough money (provided you aren't AH happy) to power level a crafting profession via buying mats.|||Quote:








having blacksmithing as a warrior is great and will help you out a lot. BUT it will cost you a small fortune (or even very large) to lvl it to 375 so you can actualy make the items you need at 70. also the gear you can make as a bs is only on par with dungeon drops or kara drops. once you go past the t4 raid situation at end game then being a bs is really only handy so you can make the resistence armour you need for some boss fights and the armour is boe so any b/s can make it. my warrior is in t4 equiv gear and i have not one single piece of crafted gear on.




Like dwarf said once you get into the end game content theres really no use for it...now if this is your 1st character I would go with skining/mining so you can support yourself and when your character has enough $$$ you can make a toon with blacksmithing but thats all up to you.|||just make a boatload of belt buckles and sell them slowly for 1 gold each.

you'll just have to go mining more often. and when you hit outland, a stack of ores can go for 20+ gold. i dont think you'll have too much of a problem, even with mining/bs|||I like to make my mains on a server be gatherers, that way they can sell a lot of stuff and reap a nice profit in the AH, and then can help fund alts that make things.

My hunter is skinning/mining, though she has rather low mining skill because I haven't been working on it much, but I really like it. Stacks of the leather I'm getting now at lvl 64 (mostly knothide leather) go for like 3g a stack, and she can get a lot pretty fast.|||Quote:








I like to make my mains on a server be gatherers, that way they can sell a lot of stuff and reap a nice profit in the AH, and then can help fund alts that make things.

My hunter is skinning/mining, though she has rather low mining skill because I haven't been working on it much, but I really like it. Stacks of the leather I'm getting now at lvl 64 (mostly knothide leather) go for like 3g a stack, and she can get a lot pretty fast.




Are you sure it is 3g a stack?|||knothide on my server was really poor price and rugged leather is worth double the amount knothide is. clefthoof is a good seller but still not on par with rugged leather either. but i would say this is down to the server economy and not a general statement.

the only real way to decide on what gathering proffesions to take up is to check the values of the mats you gather in the ah and see what would bring the most cash in on your server|||Considering all the dailies that are currently available for grinding gold and the fact that BoP items made by crafting profs are becoming increasingly worth getting, are gathering professions really necessary as a gold maker anymore?|||mining and herbing + epic flyer = 800-1k gold per 3 hours played on my rogue

my mentality has shifted from dailys to just gathering and selling. So many people have stopped farming herbs and ores so they can do dailys and get their repair/consumables gold that the price has doubled on the AH for many mats and they sell like wildfire.

Stack of dreamfoil - 38g, mountain silversage - 40g, stack of nightmare vine - 60g, black lotus - 20g, fel lotus - 35g, stack of adamantite ore - 45g, fel iron bars - 40g ..

the economy is completely in turmoil and I'm loving every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment