Saturday, April 21, 2012

Warrior profession?

Hey, so I just started playing WoW(actually I'm still on the trial haha but I'll buy it this weekend) and I first went rogue but then converted to warrior seeing as how everyone hates rogues. So basically, I was just wondering whether it would be better to go enchanting and mining then switch to enchanting and blacksmithing since I'll need a means to get gold so I can buy my mount at 40. The other option is to go straight enchanting and blacksmithing which would probably make me really poor.

Could you guys give me some suggestions on what I should do? I think it's safe to assume that I should get enchanting at least eventually since it'll help me get better gear at higher levels and I think blacksmithing will help me craft my own equipment too. At first I was thinking about going Enchanting and Mining and then switching to Enchanting and Blacksmithing but my friend said that leveling professions is so horrifying that I really should not even bother and should just go straight for whatever I intended to end up with. Of course, my friend isn't all that experienced (no offense to him) and hasn't actually gotten very far into the game so I can't really trust his input all that much although I do take it into consideration(which is why I'm posting this).

Thanks so much!|||Non-gathering professions (like Blacksmithing and Enchanting) are pretty expensive to level, so you do usually want to avoid dropping one of those if you get them very high.

Gathering professions are all relatively easy to level. I would say herbalism is the worst, but even it's not that bad. If you level them up as you level your character, none of them should really be an issue. So, picking these up early with the intention of dropping them is not an issue. Many people do it to make money early on.

Non-gathering professions can be power leveled when you get to a high level. Basically, you buy (or save up) all of the materials needed to level you up all of the way. There are guides to help you know what you need.

The only benefits you get as an enchanter are ring enchants and the ability to disenchant useless quest rewards or old gear. Anything else you can have someone else do for you.

Most people will recommend 2 gathering professions to start, and that is the best way to make money. However, if you want to play with crafting, you can do so without hurting your money flow too much if you are smart. (Only level using stuff you have found or gathered, don't level by buying stuff off the AH.)

I would strongly discourage Blacksmithing/Enchanting to start with. Both are very expensive to level (especially without mining to support the Blacksmithing.) You will always be broke and you likely won't have the money to level them to make useful stuff anyhow.

Enchanting can be nasty to level, and the benefits at lower levels are pretty much non-existent. I'd go with Mining/Blacksmithing to start if you want to do a crafting profession. You can decide once Blacksmithing is maxed out if you want to dump mining for enchanting. Even then, I'd keep mining while collecting all of the stuff needed to level Enchanting all the way up. That way you can use the mining to help fund enchanting as well.

Edit: Just as a note, I've never leveled blacksmithing, so I don't personally know how it is compared to enchanting. I also don't know how much useful stuff you can make as you level up. (Well, other than overpriced rods to sell to Enchanters. )|||Blacksmithing has very very few items you can sell.

It does have some nice armour or weapons if you level it high enough.

But just to give you an indication, one stack of mithril sells for 15-20g on my server.

The Blacksmithing quest alone costs about 40 stacks...|||ah thanks for the input guys.

For now it looks like I should go blacksmithing/mining and then switch to enchanting since I do believe enchanting will become extremely useful to me when I will start PvPing.

any thoughts?|||With my warrior I use blacksmithing/mining although switching to enchanting doesn't sound like a bad idea|||Blacksmithing is pretty useless atm, but will probably be great again at the start of the next expansion. Then again, that's at least 6 months away..

You can get gear of the same quality a lot easier from PvP. The second tier of epic blacksmithing weapons are about equal to the season 1 arena gear available from honor.

[item]Gladiator's Greatsword[/item]

Season 1 arena 27000 honor and 40 AV marks of honor

[item]Lionheart Champion[/item]

12 Primal air

12 Primal earth

12 Primal water

12 Primal fire

12 Primal mana

and 12 transmuting cooldowns to make them into Primal Mights

60 Adamantite bars

14 Khorium Bars

8 Primal Nethers

as well as the materials required for skilling up to 375 BS which really dwarfs the mats allready listed.

The next arena season will also have the season 2 arena gear available from honor:

[item]Merciless Gladiator's Greatsword[/item]

I have a 43 warrior with 225 blacksmithing and I'm considering giving it up. You do get a pretty decent weapon from a (tedious) quest in the late 30s, but apart from that the only items I would ever consider making would be the ones at 70 (and money isn't even an issue to me as I can support my warrior from my main). You will be able to make some resist gear at 70 as well, but I'd get someone else to make it for me if I needed it.|||If you wanted you could probably go mining/enchanting. If you're going to do a lot of battlegrounds you'll be getting gear from those that will be far better than what you could blacksmith at any given level, and picking up enchanting allows you to enchant your own gear and sell the mats you don't need for some extra gold to keep yourself well-geared.

Of course, if you don't want to do mining you could pick up another gathering craft like herbalism and just sell what you get (at least on my server herbs sell rather well).|||Quote:








ah thanks for the input guys.

For now it looks like I should go blacksmithing/mining and then switch to enchanting since I do believe enchanting will become extremely useful to me when I will start PvPing.

any thoughts?




sounds great!

No comments:

Post a Comment