Thursday, April 19, 2012

Fishing Daily - The One That Got Away

Anyone found this one annoy? I spent 50 minutes and got nothing so I gave up and raided Halaa instead. The first time I did this quest I fished out the "World's Largest Mudfish" after the 80th trial but I receive the shadow pearl in the "Bag of Fishing Treasures".

All the other fishing quests took about 5 minutes or less.

- "The One That Got Away"|||Make sure you are fishing in a lake. If you are fishing in one of the rivers or tributaries instead, you won't get the fish.

I got it on the 5th cast this AM.

...Ren|||Quote:








Make sure you are fishing in a lake. If you are fishing in one of the rivers or tributaries instead, you won't get the fish.




I was fishing at the lake close to Halaa - Lake Sunspring.


Quote:








I got it on the 5th cast this AM.




I hate you...

I guess it is just pure luck.|||Yeah. I usually get the fishing daily fish within the first 10 casts (first 20 for the one in Terokaar), but yesterday, getting the mosterous feltail, I was working on my FOURTH stack of non-monsterous feltail before I got the quest one. I was getting quite flustered, kept checking the quest log to make sure I really had the quest, etc. I'd done that particular daily twice before, and both times had the quest fish in the first 10 casts.|||While on the subject.. what level does your fishing need to be to be eligible for this quest? I've been trying to crank up my fishing, cost me blood sweat and tears, but I'm still only at 287 or so. Will the bare minimum be sufficient to be able to catch the fish required for the daily, or do I need to stock up on crawlies and those lollypop thingies?|||I'm maxed out on fishing, have a +25 fishing rod, and still need lures to catch fish for any of the daily Outland quests - so, I think we require a bit more blood, sweat and tears from you please!

However, you'll be able to do the one that requires you to go to either Orgrimmar or Stormwind (depending on faction) to catch a baby crocolisk, and be in with a chance of winning your own as a pet which seems to be what most people are really interested in from the daily fishing.|||Quote:








While on the subject.. what level does your fishing need to be to be eligible for this quest? I've been trying to crank up my fishing, cost me blood sweat and tears, but I'm still only at 287 or so. Will the bare minimum be sufficient to be able to catch the fish required for the daily, or do I need to stock up on crawlies and those lollypop thingies?




You have to be 70 first and you can try it with 287 + 25 pole + 100 lure and you still get "Your fish got away" a lot. It would be less frustrated if you level it to 300 at least.

New cooking item [item]Captain Rumsey's Lager[/item] add 10 to fishing might help a little bit.

The the topic, I got the quest done in 10 cast at the water fall area (30, 45).|||Yes...this one does take longer for me than the others. I head over to the lake (Sunspring?) with all the dead orcs floating in it. I have 375 fishing. Seth's fishing rod. Truesilver fishing line. And sharpened hooks. This place is great in that you can make a bit of money fishing icefin bluefish and the pools of pure water while you wait for a quest drop to finally happen. Stacks of poached bluefish go for 20+ gold on my server, and of course, primal waters are nice too.

But yeah..compared to the easiest drop (baby crocolisk) and the not so bad drop (black fin darter) this one is a pain.|||when you're fishing in any of the Nagrand Lakes - make sure that your area is titled 'Lake Sunspring' or whatever - not Nagrand. Move your location until it does say Lake whatever - because you won't be able to catch that quest fish in 'Nagrand'.|||To fish in nagrand, I have the following... 375 fishing. Seth's fishing rod. Truesilver fishing line. Weather beaten fishing hat. And Sharpened fishing hooks. I could fish there before I had the hat and the line, tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment