Thursday, April 19, 2012

Very Newbie Engineering Questions

I finally started a hunter and decided to go with engineering mostly out of curiosity. I have a lvl 65 mage alchemist and a warlock gatherer with no craft. Since money is no issue it might be fun to try something different and it kind of goes with my dwarf girl with gun thing.

So.. this is the dumbest question ever and believe me I have looked for the answer before asking it. How do you smelt copper into copper bars? I have the blacksmithing tool, I have done other stuff at the anvil, but I can't figure out where the recipe or whatever for this is. The character is a miner as second profession.

Second question: it seems odd that you can make all this stuff as an engineer that requires you to be that level of engineering. I just made some Flying Tiger goggles which is a great extra for a lvl12 Hunter, +5 stam on the head! But there seems little point in selling them because by the time you are the engineering level to wear them you can make them. At what point do you start making stuff you can sell to non-engineers?|||you need to be a miner.

you'll learn to smelt other metals when you get higher skills in mining.|||The character is a miner.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Copper_Bar

Copper Bar: "This item is crafted by Miners with a skill level of 1."

Her skill is somewhere in the 20's (it's a new character).|||open up your spell book and look for the smelting skill.

also, you need to be by a forge to smelt.|||Quote:








open up your spell book and look for the smelting skill.

also, you need to be by a forge to smelt.




THANK YOU.

I have now smelted, lol. That isn't quite the dumbest mistake I've ever made (I'll save the dumbest for the time someone starts a Confessions of Dumbness thread).|||Quote:








THANK YOU.

I have now smelted, lol. That isn't quite the dumbest mistake I've ever made (I'll save the dumbest for the time someone starts a Confessions of Dumbness thread).




you know... be the teacake that you are and make the thread!|||okay.. but I might have to disappear from the shame..|||Quote:








okay.. but I might have to disappear from the shame..




see that wasnt so bad. and its not anything to be ashamed of. hope it becomes a popular thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment