Saturday, April 21, 2012

Swapping from LW/Skinning to Eng/Mining?

I'm considering switching from leatherworking and skinning on my hunter to mining and engineering. What are people's opinions on this, particularly when comparing the end LW and engineering recipes that you can only make for yourself?

...Ren|||Ren,

I really think that it's class specific. The mail you can make as a max level LW for a hunter is very good. Are there engineering things you can make that *for a hunter* is better than the mail you can make? Is the mail easily replaceable with drops that are easily obtainable? What level is your LW? it cost me about 1500g to skill to 375 from zero.

For my rogue, LW was a great crafting profession - I could make 3 T4 level armor pieces, Engineering would have given me.. one, the Deathblow Goggles. Simple decision, esp since the "of Second Sight" helms are very good.

One thing to consider is keeping skinning (if you've skilled it up) since you can make money with that. Yes, you can make money with mining... but you need to skill it up first. What money could you make playing those same hours and killing/skinning Clefthoof Bulls in Nagrand, etc.? Too often you find people taking the gathering profession that complements their crafting profession - but that's the purpose of money. It's a way to translate value from one skill to another. Put more simply - skin, sell and use the money to buy what you need for Engineeering if you go that way.|||Engineering does go very well with hunters for example a combination of FD and XL jumper cables can often save a raid/dungeon from a wipe if you are on the ball. Also if you are into raiding the repair bots are useful (if somewhat expensive to craft).

I have just dropped BS for eng even though i was 375 BS simply as i didnt see it going anywhere and engineering although it has some annoying features (when the device you are using blows up in your face) it is probably the most fun profession imho.

The other great thing about Eng is in effect 2 more hearthstones with the ultra safe transporters available (for gnome its Gadgetzan & tooleys station) no sure about Goblin.|||Quote:








no sure about Goblin.




Everlook and area 52. You'll find engineering has alot of fun/helpful features, but dont start without a money maker. I dropped skinning/LW for mining/engi and am enjoying it to the fullest, BUT(!) I'm running short on money for the simple fact that I either use my ore for engi or dont mine it at all cause I dont have "find minerals" activated. So just a little heads up. You could (without another source of gold) run into serious trouble. I know I did...|||I am trying out skinning and mining and mailing everything to my bank alts. I now have a crapload of bars and skins and eventually will switch over to eng./lw. Best of both worlds!

No comments:

Post a Comment