Saturday, April 21, 2012

Skinning/LW Gold per Hour

I'm 375 LW/Skinning and I've never sold many mats or items, as a result I'm very poor.

But I'd like that to change, I really want that epic mount!

So my question is, where is the best place to get the most gold per hour of grinding? I'm all epiced out so I can kill anything, but I'm unsure if I should kill a bunch of easy guys and collect light leather quickly or get Knothide leather at a slower rate? Should I go for something special like Dragon Scales with a slow drop rate?

Or, should I use the mats to make something? And sell the product?

Thanks in advance for the advise.|||what level are you?|||Quote:








what level are you?




At 375 for both skills, my guess is 70, or very near so.

IMO, kill things that give you knothide and clefthoof.....Sell the leather.

If you want a broader goldmaking perspective, play the AH and do dailies....|||I'm lv70 with S1 armor ret paladin.

What makes me think Knothide isn't as good is that everyone farms it. Kinda like Netherweave. It's cheaper for me to vendor Nether bandages than to sell a stack of cloth.

I can see the Clefthoof selling well. I've spent soooooooo much time in Nagrand killing those damn things to level up.

*edit* I may time myself and try a few expirements to see what the best G per H would be. Nagrand seems like a good place to start.|||Quote:








Nagrand seems like a good place to start.




For clefthoof, there is no better place, IMO.|||I'm not sure what to tell you regarding LW, but for the skinning, I would definitely focus on the clefthoof leather. On my server it goes for about 50G per stack.|||as a pala id drop l/w and take up herbs or mining and then just sell sell and sell again. it will only take a few hours to get your herbs up but mining could take a long time due to thorium mines being hard to find and having low yield|||Cleft Hoof sells 80g a stack of 20 on my realm, Aslo the Cobra, Wind and Fel scales are also good sellers.

Best place for Cobra Scales is the cave by the Narga in SMV, Fel Scales the Ravagers in Hellfire as you enter Zanger and Wind Scales from the Netherdrakes in BEM.

Another good way to make gold is to buy a stack of 20 knothide leather in ah for around 7g, make 4 heavy Knothide leather with it and split it into 2 stacks of 2, then put them back in ah for 10g a stack. 12g profit every time.|||Quote:








Another good way to make gold is to buy a stack of 20 knothide leather in ah for around 7g, make 4 heavy Knothide leather with it and split it into 2 stacks of 2, then put them back in ah for 10g a stack. 12g profit every time.




Often noticed people selling that, but I expected noone to fall for that ;) I'll give it a try.

To the original poster, in my opinion nothing beats daily quests for money. So make sure you can do the bombing runs for Shatari Skyguard atleast.|||I farmed and sold a stack of Clefthide for 34G the lowest bidder I undercut was 35G I won't know till later today if it sold or if I was undercut.

On Draka the Clefthide market is pretty saturated. I always see a lot of farmers out there with me. The plus side is that sometimes I'll find a quester killing them and i'll just tag along to get the free skin.

I'd say it took about an hour to get a stack. I'll do some official times later.

I'll try some scales next.

No comments:

Post a Comment