Saturday, April 21, 2012

MAKE MON EY FAST!!!!one

Ok, I'd like some opinions, as I can't decide..

I have some gold kicking about, enough to spend on an epic flyer, and a couple of different characters for whom it would be useful. However, I'd like to be able to use it to make enough money to buy an epic flyer for the other toon.

One of the characters is a herbalist/enchanter. Herbalism is a good solid money maker, if you can get around quickly- we all know that. However, the other character is a miner/engineer. Mining is profitable, if you can get to the nodes- and engineering means that you can harvest gas clouds to gather primals at a surprising speed (generally faster than killing mobs for the motes).

So, my dilemma is this.. Do I get the herbalist or the miner/engineer the epic flyer? Which do you think would make money fastest, to equip the other?

Answers on a postcard :)|||give it to the miner.|||Does any of your characters sport fishing ? Fishing + Cooking + Riding 300 = I.W.I.N.|||Quote:








Does any of your characters sport fishing ? Fishing + Cooking + Riding 300 = I.W.I.N.




I've been looking to make money for my epic flyer too, and my fishing is 350 and cooking is around that lvl too, how is fishing faster than farming primals?

Also: Go mining, and get those goggles that make gas clouds show up on your map with map zoomed out as far as possible, works wonders. I farmed 4 primals airs in nagrand yesterday just passing through.|||On my server it's hard to farm primals by hunting. The areas are camped with farmers.

For fishing most people go Terokkar. Doing dailies, circling to wait for one fishing node to pop. Nagrand on the other hand is quite empty. Partially because there's no good reason to go here but fishing.

On my server Nagrand fishes sell less than Terokkar fishes. The sheer quantity makes up for it. Also Nagrand nodes can spawn as pure water anywhere. Fishing worth 5 baubles makes average 80 fishes, 40 water motes and a bag of assorted stuff. Some scrolls do sell gold in AH, some gray fishes vendor 6 gold =).|||Quote:








I've been looking to make money for my epic flyer too, and my fishing is 350 and cooking is around that lvl too, how is fishing faster than farming primals?

Also: Go mining, and get those goggles that make gas clouds show up on your map with map zoomed out as far as possible, works wonders. I farmed 4 primals airs in nagrand yesterday just passing through.




The miner/engineer has the epic engineering goggles (it's a hunter, so the goggles are a no-brainer) which makes spotting motes easy.

As for the fishing/cooking- I didn't ask about this as I have been too lazy to level these on any of my toons- way too lazy. Maybe I will, I dunno. That would be additional. The question is whether the miner/engineer or the herbalist should get the flyer- either can learn to fish. Herbs, ore and primals all sell like crazy, hence my dilemma.

A point to note is that herbalists can make out like bandits in skettis anyway, killing and herbing those big trees- an hour there can net five primal life and several stacks of herbs with no real effort, for example.|||Miner/engineer, easily.|||It does not matter. You will get your next epic flyer in a few days so either one is good.

My first epic flyer is 13 days played (herb/alch/fishing/cooking) and the 2nd one (enchant/tailor) is 15 days played. It would be about 2 weeks in RL time.

I would suggest to buy the epic flyer for the mining toon though.|||Thanks for your thoughts, ladies, gentlemen and the cheerfully gender ambiguous- much appreciated :)|||IMO opinion it all depends on which is more common on your server. For example, on my server, the number of miners greatly outweighs the number of herbalists. So much, that as a max miner, I find it difficult to mine ore without going out of my way. There are herbalists in my guild, however, that make a killing just becuase there is not a lot of competition for the herbs. They still sell really well on the AH tho. So, if it were me, I would go with the herbalist on my server b/c of the lack of competition, which means an easier way of me to make money.

No comments:

Post a Comment