Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lack of green gems from mines after 2.4

I noticed a couple of people posted about this on the official boards, but no acknowledgement from Blizz. Has anyone else had this problem? The only green gems I have received since the patch was the monthly consortium payment I picked up yesterday.

I am farming both mines and herbs hardcore trying to get my epic flyer, so I am hitting dozens of mines a day. Weird too, because I am getting blue gems from Fel Iron pretty often now.

I also noticed that the drop rate for Fel Lotus seems to have increased quite a bit, so that's a good thing. Prices sure plummeted on my server though.

Anyway, just checking to see if this is a server by server issue or if anyone has seen any green gems from mines lately,|||I've done some mining yesterday, for the first time since the patch. And I got 2 living rubys and a noble topaz, no greens. And the prices of blues have gone down and green gone up. Coincidence or not, might be bugged?|||Bugged or not the prices of outland green gems jumped as soon as the JC recipe of Brilliant Glass came out. Since it requires three of each of the green outland gems and makes one random blue (another reason for the drop in the price of blues).

Of course they could've changed the drop rates for the higher level ores, as I'm only a JC/tailor and not a miner I'm not sure.|||I've been making a killing off of ore on my server.

I've been farming like crazy to get my second epic.

Now that you mention it - I've only gotten 2 gems since patch. A blue and a green.

Either I'm extremely unlucky or something else is going on.|||Hm, I vaguely recall reading something about replacing some of the green gem drops with blue gems instead.. not entirely sure though, but that could explain the raise in blue drops and the drop in.. well, in green drops.

Another thing that I noticed since the patch, was the increased number of green random drops - especially in the lowlevel areas. When I played my shammy in the Barrens yesterday, I got 6 green drops and a green lw pattern in around 20 minutes.. and the same thing happened later that night on another low-lvl toon.|||Finally found what I was after:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...387868&sid=1#0

Hortus: "Outlands gem drops from mining were reduced to almost non-existence back in 2.2. You should be getting these gems via prospecting. "

Hortus: "As I said before, this is not a bug, you should not be getting cuttable gems from mining. If you disagree please post in the suggestions or professions forum. "



Strange that he says it's from patch 2.2 when it's really only been noticed since patch 2.4. The posts are from last week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment