Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tailoring and Making Money: Is it possible?

Hey guys,

Last night I decided I was going to cave in. Being that I am a Shadow Priest, I went with tailoring, specifically Shadoweave tailoring so I can get the Frost Shadoweave set. Once I build the set, hopefully you guys can steer me in the right direction for experience. I definitely want to begin making as much gold as I can for better armor, and definitely my epic mount which hopefully will be a Netherdrake.

Besides possibly the Ebon Shadowbag (which I haven't researched on AH, but I can't see it bringing home much bacon), what is probably the easiest thing to make by getting mats, that returns the most profit? Is tailoring a viable source of income for people, or is it only really for those people that want to equip their toons with gear before they can do the 25-man dungeons?

Thanks for the input!|||I only make money of my tailoring from crafting shadow cloth



I made some money by disenchanting the items I made as I levelled the tailoring but after that it’s not really a good money earner.

Luckily I have my hunter’s skinning and druid’s herbs as my income source|||Ok, I have already thought about the posting of the shadow cloth on the AH as a money maker, it doesn't seem that bad... just sucks that I'm confined to doing it every 2 days. How much gold does that net you per piece on your server?

I guess profession wise I will stick with my mining to make any kind of money. I put a bunch of hardened adamantite bars on the AH last night, I'm sure they sold by now.|||I usually put mine up for 60g each.

Its also worth getting the pattern to make spellfire cloth and moon cloth, you only get to make 1 of each but its still another 120g|||I make most of my money from dailies and flower picking.

The only money I've ever made from tailoring has been from selling bags (everybody wants Primal Mooncloth bags, but getting them to pay more than mats cost can be hard) and tips for epic combines. I've got the Spellstrike Pants recipe and people do still occasionally spam trade looking for someone to make them.

Runic and Golden Spellthread have no replacements and are needed for each new set of legs, but most people can get them from the AH if not a guildie.

Running Arc until you get the Arcanoweave Bracers can be worthwhile. 6 Bolts of Netherweave + 12 Arcane Dust + 2 Rune Threads = 1 Large Prismatic Shard. Whether or not it's profitable depends on your server's current market conditions.|||for tailoring... bags and disenchants. thats about all i can think of that actually made me money! you can also check out the other thread about tailoring/money making.|||bags and tips for crafting rare items if you have the recipe.

Cloth xmutes also pay.

tailoring is more suited to create your own gear and not thought of as a $ making prof normally.|||Iirc, it has been a bit since I was on my alli toon, shadowcloth has a 4 day cooldown. Is that still correct?

They go for around 40g on my server but I wouldn't want to grind out the mats to make them for that piddly amount.|||as you can see zodiac, they are speaking in hypotheticals. kaltes has not actually sold any shadowcloth, nor do i think is anywhere near it. he's asking what people have done. also Eilei has no mention of being a shadowpriest or warlock or frost mage, but has suggested something that can make money, but isnt in kaltes' best interest.

its a whole mess here when people arent really clear on what they're saying, added to the fact that we assume a lot of things about other people. in any case, Eilei's advice about making all three cloths is best if kaltes is going to go that route. again, he doesnt even know if its a viable route.|||Yeah, I mean once I make my frozen shadoweave set, I am going to compare the prices between shadowcloth itself, or the mats that are used to make it (imbued netherweave, primal shadow, and primal fire). If I can sell the mats themselves for more, than that's what I will do. I have a feeling that the shadowcloth will net me more money though once I start selling it... there are many tailors out there that don't want to have to wait over 40 days (x13 trips to make shadowcloth, x 4 = 52 days to make all shadowcloth for it!) I'm actually tempted to start buying some myself just to speed it along.

I'm definitely going to approach making the other types of cloth, specifically for the same reason; people don't want to have to wait for time to pass before they can make a recipe they want.

Also, just clearing the air if anyone is under the wrong impression. I went with tailoring because I knew from the get go that I could make some decent gear for my Shadow Priest. I never went with it to see if I could make money with it. Now that I'm near my end with what I need it for, I'm considering if it can be a semi-valuable source of income.

No comments:

Post a Comment