Thursday, April 19, 2012

Engineering: Green Lens nerfed?

So I've been power lvling my engineering and for the first time I really got excited about it when I saw the Green Lens had random enchants actually useful to my Hunter. Green Lens of the Wolf, Green Lens of the Monkey, both of these have +agi. I read about them when looking up what the random enchants could be. Made a bunch of Green Lens but so far no "of the <animal>" to be found. Read some more and found an old cached thread on the official forums in which the posters said these were axed in 2005 because they contained a +sta enchant as well. Since all Green Lenses come with +10 stamina this meant the extra +sta enchant made them "too powerful" for the level.

I am now kind of pissed off about this as no note has ever been made on sites telling me I will never ever make one of these. Now some sites do not list the monkey or wolf so it's been updated in that sense but others still do. It looks like I will not be getting anything super useful out of Engineering until lvl 375 for my Hunter.. too bad I didn't do Engineering with my Mage. Yeah I can make my own bullets.. lol.|||Ermmm.....why would you wear a cloth head item on a hunter?|||Quote:








Ermmm.....why would you wear a cloth head item on a hunter?




Battlegrounds probably, first decent headpiece you can get your hands on, are made by way of engineering. My own level 19 BE Hunter is using green tinted goggles for instance.

The green lens item was for a time the best head-piece any hunter or rogue could get their hands on for low level BGs.

It was a green item as opposed to a blue as well. Max possible amount of sta it could provide was 35

This was changed in patch 1.3

Old lenses were unaffected by the change, but any new ones would meet the new standards.|||Quote:








Ermmm.....why would you wear a cloth head item on a hunter?




Why not if the stats are good? It's not like my hunter gets hit much and if situation needs more armor I have plenty of potions for that thanks to my alchemist. She's lvl 35 so no mail yet (and mail at the early lvls has crap stats for hunters anyway).

Also for myself this toon has a character thing going for her and geeky engineering headgear adds to that.|||Goggles look cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment