Saturday, April 21, 2012

Nat Pagle's fishing quest is great!

Those of you who are fishing, DO try to get to level 225 in it and go for the quest offered by Nat Pagle (located in a group of islands off Theramore). For one thing, it's the only way you're going to level up beyond 225. You can get it at class level 35 and it requires you to go to four different areas and return to him with four different sorts of fish. But it's fun and it's challenging and well worth doing. Two of us grouped to do it - my husband with his level 40 Paladin and me with my level 37 Hunter. We had a bit of difficulty in Feralas and Swamp of Sorrows, but persevered and got what we wanted. The areas where you actually have to fish are surprisingly calm and peaceful, so you can fish uninterrupted. The only drawback to the whole thing is that there's an awful lot of travelling about to accomplish it - that probably took more time than the actual fishing.|||Quote:








Those of you who are fishing, DO try to get to level 225 in it and go for the quest offered by Nat Pagle (located in a group of islands off Theramore). For one thing, it's the only way you're going to level up beyond 225. You can get it at class level 35 and it requires you to go to four different areas and return to him with four different sorts of fish. But it's fun and it's challenging and well worth doing. Two of us grouped to do it - my husband with his level 40 Paladin and me with my level 37 Hunter. We had a bit of difficulty in Feralas and Swamp of Sorrows, but persevered and got what we wanted. The areas where you actually have to fish are surprisingly calm and peaceful, so you can fish uninterrupted. The only drawback to the whole thing is that there's an awful lot of travelling about to accomplish it - that probably took more time than the actual fishing.




Fishing is the most boring profession to level but you get a lot in return in the long run - food & gold.

Luckily, you only have to lvl one character fishing to the max.|||i love fishing. its one of those things i can do well at when the wifey tells me its my turn to watch the baby.|||LOL.

I love fishing because I make lots money from it. However, the lvling from 250 - 300 was really really boring and hard to me. It takes 7 - 10 cast to lvl 1 point and you have to fish up certain fish for lvling cooking profession as well.

It is not like you can watch TV or surf on the internet while fishing. You have to pay attention to the sound and screen when the fish is hooked or your fish got away.

There were countless time that I fell asleep while lvling my fishing skill.|||Quote:








There were countless time that I fell asleep while lvling my fishing skill.




Maybe that has something to do with lack of sleep in general, rather than fishing being boring.

I agree with elsegundo, fishing is a nice change of pace every now and then. I love being able to run past water and think "hmm I'm going to get me some food from that".|||Quote:








Maybe that has something to do with lack of sleep in general, rather than fishing being boring.

I agree with elsegundo, fishing is a nice change of pace every now and then. I love being able to run past water and think "hmm I'm going to get me some food from that".






Yep, 3:00 or 4:00 am in the morning but I never fell asleep during BGs.

Now, I go fishing when I am waiting for instance runs or BG premades. It is nice to do some fishing after hours of grinding in BGs as well.

It is the leveling killing me...|||Quote:








Fishing is the most boring profession to level but you get a lot in return in the long run - food & gold.

Luckily, you only have to lvl one character fishing to the max.




I will only ever level the one character. I'm also levelling him up in cooking so he can feed his cat pet, the rest of the alts, and my main. He even feeds my husband's 'family' of characters. I can also send special sorts of fish to the family alchemist. I have to add, though, that I got him the 'find fish' skill in Stonetalon Mountains and that's been very helpful. It's also very worthwhile to fish patches of floating wreckage, where you find crates full of quite worthwhile items.



But yes, levelling up in fishing is a bit tedious. Only gets really interesting when I catch odd things and think 'Hmmmmmm, what on earth is that????'.|||I have only 3/10 toons who taught fishing.. my ally main, my horde main, and my Draenei Huntress so she can feed her kitty. I wanted it with my mains just because I want them to explore and try out everything, and partly also because then I can fish up my own Blackmouths/Firefins/Stonescales. Of course, the extras I fish up in wreckages are a nice addition as well, even though they're not -that- great.

It really is quite boring, because all you do is stare at a bobber waiting for it to sink and yet you can't do anything else to pass time because you need to pay attention - pretty much the same reason why I dislike fishing in real life. However, it's nice to sometimes sit and fish while waiting for a spot in AB to open up, so that you'll at least feel somewhat useful.

Hm, I really should get working on levelling it up more.. both my mains are 50+ and haven't come anywhere near the quest yet.|||if i want a change of pace i go and play quake -.-

i try leveling fishing for 3 years now. still not over 300 with my main, and of course i wouldnt learn it on any other char if you paid me for it. it s just boring.|||It's... horrible. After 3 years I decided it was time. Cleverly I picked the char, where I vendored the quest fishing pole. The strong ones were 70-80g on AH. Now I'm 330 and made it to Zangarmarsh, and can almost fish something useful:)

No comments:

Post a Comment