Thursday, April 19, 2012

thinking of taking up JC - opinions please!

im going to power level it to the point where i use thorium (thats what 260-70ish) maybe even to 300 (costs 500-750g im assuming) anyway do you make much profit after 300 with the gems (uncut/cut uncommon/rare designs)

also heard prospecting Adamantite Ore in bulk can turn in a nice profit too, whats the experience any of you have had with this

currently have 364 mining and 375 skinning, but i also have a hunter with 375 skinning, which is way better in terms of killing speed than my pally...so dropping skinning on my pally.

opinions please|||JC makes money in many ways....I'd recommend it.

As for the cost to level to 300, I think you are off by 100%, and it will cost more like 1000-1500g, if you buy all of the items rather than doing the mining, etc yourself. But, it depends on the server.|||Lootables has an awesome levelling guide.. I didn't always follow it, because on my server certain prices were different, but on the whole it's a nice thing to keep with you.

As for making money, I definitely agree on the prospecting Adamantite Ore - the same goes for Fel Iron Ore btw, since it has largely the same result and costs a lot less. Also, you can already prospect Fel Iron at 275, while Adamantite requires 325.

Another thing that I find nicely profitable, is to make Mercurial Adamantite. The mats are cheap (Adamantite Powder which you get from prospecting and Primal Earth), but you'll need a special stone that only an alchemist can make. Either you have one made for 3 different Primals - earth/life/water - or you buy one off the AH.

Cutting green gems is mostly a loss of gold, since the uncut gems sell for more. The blue gems are more often worth cutting though, so once you hit 350 you can finally look forward to making a bit of gold. You can use up your superfluous greens to make Brilliant Glass, which contains one random blue gem and is worth the mats 9/10 times.|||On my server the ore is worth much more. You'll also need to buy the recipes on AH for 300-600g to have a variety of gems to sell. I usually pay a JC 5g to cut a blue quality gem, when I can't get a guildie to do it for me(and I do have a 375 JC).

No comments:

Post a Comment