Saturday, April 21, 2012

alch, making gold

I just power leveled Alch (amazingly easy btw) to 375 so i can get the new healing stone that came out in 2.4.

I'm PvP speced (and focused) right now, and I dont' want to bother specializing for now, the thought of running bot or BM just sounds like work (although I know it's ironic, I leveled alch for a PvE trinket).

The question at hand is; how to make gold with my newly acquired skill?, I don�t' know anything about alch, other than how to buy all the mats from a leveling guide and level from 0-375 in about 3 hours (that's on a low population server, and I had trouble with some mats).

As a PvE healing priest, I know Super Mana pots are a hot market, what else? My guess is farming sporagar <spelling> rep might be worth it for the earth to life transmute. Any suggestions appreciated. I'm on a low population server, and am not a herbalist.

Thanks,

Barry|||That's rough, as generally speaking it's the gathering professions that are going to net you the most income, and as a rule crafting tends to cost more to make than the finish product sells for.

My suggestion is a little bit of research on your part - check in the AH the price of mats vs. the price of the finished product. I'd even go into the things that grayed out a long time ago, you'll be surprised where a big profit could pop up from. What sells best though, tends to vary from server to server.|||Thanks for the thoughts; I started a spreadsheet, and it looks like there may be some profit on super health and super mana pots, I'm still collecting data on elixers. I agree though that the cost of mats make it hard to turn profit with crafting... my other trade is tailering...

To get revered with sporeggar will take me about 10 more rounds of "now that we're friends", I was pretty stoked about that, then I realized the transmute of earth to water is only once per day... but that would be 15g a day, which is better than a daily quest, and quicker, so I guess I'll start chipping away at that quest here and there.

Thanks,

Barry|||Earth to water xmute for sporegarr is solid $ for very little work.

Earthstorm and skyfire diamonds are at a premium right now.

What I do:

bid on dreaming glory/felweed or buy it on the cheap (my spreadsheet tells me how cheap) then create and sell mana pots.

I'm pot spec.

mana pots always sell

Making pots = new discoveries.

My proc rate thus far is about 25% which means materials for 100 pots will yield 125 pots. Basically thats where the profit comes in, or the majority there of.

I can buy teh mats to make pots for 1.9g per pot or 9.5g which when selling them for 10g per 5 stack on the auction house is a complete wash. I dont' mind this, as i'm trying to get new discoveries anyway.

The profit comes from the extra 25 i make per 100. That nets me about 50gold.

I really like alchemy/tailoring over things like enchanting or farming because it does not require me to be at the keyboard.

I can simply load up on mats, hit "create all" and go watch some tv/make a sandwich or do something else. Later I can come back to the keyboard and list all my pots at hte ah.

Its almost like free gold, that + a 15 g transmute is pretty good cash. Not like farming a lot, nor is it the same gold as doing daily quests but it only requires about 5 minutes at the keyboard to make 40-50g.

For someone like me with little time at the keyboard it really works out well.

Another money maker I have found is the flask of supreme power, a lot of people still use this flask and I can typically create it for about 20g, while selling it for 30g. The only issue is that mountain silversage is fairly rare and often times it isn't available on the ah.

The latest method i'm experimenting with would be destruction pots. There are never any up for sale on the ah. I paid a hefty price for the recipe and a hefty price for the mats. Netherbloom and nightmare vine are not the cheapest mats. Last night I invested enough gold to make 20, got some lucky procs and made 27. I listed them for 3g each which will give me a slight profit, i'm interested to see if they will sell.

I'm not sure they are better than mana pots, the real answer might be finding the occasional netherbloom/nightmare vine cheaper than the typical price...which is kinda true for anything.

Anyhow, thats how i do it. tailoring is still better $. I sell 20-30 bags every day for a 50-60 gold profit everyday for the past year.|||On my realm waters sell for 20-25g and earth sells for 1g50s-2g, so that make a quick buck, and when it procs and you get 2-5 waters, well, yeeehaaa! Thats what I do if I don't happen to have farmed the mats for might. Was lucky last week, proc'ed 5 times in a row. 5 might, 3 water, 4 earthstone, 3 might, 5 water. Made for a nice week of tranmuting. Won't proc again for a month I bet, but that was nice. Swiftness pots sell good when WSG is the daily or the weekend special. Can't say must for mana or healing pots,as I use them myself.

Enjoy the alc stone, its great!|||alch is a very easy way to make money. i tend to farm forr herbs in zangermarsh on bog lords and can make 100g on drops in a few hours then il m make tons of pots. the mana io keep for myself and ill keep some for int and healing the rest i sell in the ah. you just need to be carefull though as some herbs on my server actually sell for more than any pots i could make would sell for.

as for master transmute. if it procced like other stuff it would be handy but ive had so few procs its been almost pointless paying the 4 or 5 primal mights it cost to get the skill. and i only ever seem to get a proc when making something for a guild mate so i hand over the bonus as well|||Thanks for all the comments all...

As usualy, rgirity makes a post that I need to take notes from ;)... as usualy, thanks for the tons of info.

Barry|||Quote:








I just power leveled Alch (amazingly easy btw) to 375 so i can get the new healing stone that came out in 2.4.

As a PvE healing priest, I know Super Mana pots are a hot market, what else? My guess is farming sporagar <spelling> rep might be worth it for the earth to life transmute. Any suggestions appreciated. I'm on a low population server, and am not a herbalist.

Thanks,

Barry




I do not ever waste my xmutes on earth to life, or arcanite. There's simply not enough cash from that for the cd time. You didn't mention this, so I'll ask...instead of sporregar rep, how's your cenarion expedition rep? The diamond xmutes are good money on my server. If you don't have the rep yet (i suggest you get it if you dont!) then how are primal mights going on your server? On mine, the mats run about 60-70 gold if I buy them and the mights sell for 100g.|||Quote:








I do not ever waste my xmutes on earth to life, or arcanite. There's simply not enough cash from that for the cd time. You didn't mention this, so I'll ask...instead of sporregar rep, how's your cenarion expedition rep? The diamond xmutes are good money on my server. If you don't have the rep yet (i suggest you get it if you dont!) then how are primal mights going on your server? On mine, the mats run about 60-70 gold if I buy them and the mights sell for 100g.




Well, here's my take on that.

I can grind 125-200 gold an hour on my farming char.

I've made a few of those diamonds, it takes me about 5 mins or so to make the diamond and occasionally some wahoo comes and undercuts me with 7 of his diamonds and then my diamond does not sell.

Each server is different, for your sever it probably works good for you :D it used to work on my server as well.

Since the glass conversion of greens/blues came into the game green gems are 5g each on my server.

The profit on the diamond is about 20gold, if you sell it (the more an item sells for the more the 5% ah fee takes from it. 100g diamond only nets 95g) then you make 20g.

It takes me longer to sell the diamonds, it is more of an investment and it takes more effort to create them.

It is a great thing, but for me i'd rather simply buy a cheap 20 stack of primal earth occasionally and hit one button then post my primal life/primal water on the ah and be done with it.

I lose 7-10g but make that up in frustration. I don't do daily quests anymore for much the same reason. I simply would rather farm or level an alt that bomb some eggs or bomb some cannonballs or whatever frivolous new bear ass gathering quests we have now with the new zone.

To each their own, and you have a great suggestion but much like sushi and metallica while others like that kind of thing it really just isn't for me.|||Thanks for the continued comments, I'm exalted with CE, so I'll go check out what they have for an alchamist, I checked all the rep rewards on a web site, but likely just blew threw it since I don't know anything about the diamond market in wow.

rgirty, I make money on bags most days, there are a few of us that do it, so some days mine don't sell, but other days they do. I'm just hoping I get another item or two I can work through the AH like i do bags. Like you, I like to economize time; I usualy craft when I get up in the morning and am getting ready, then post on AH before I got to work. I come home at lunch if the market is really hot to get another cycle in for the day.

Thanks,

Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment