Saturday, April 21, 2012

discovery

was wondering how long it was till you all got your first discovery. ive made a crap ton of pots elixers and have not got one yet. i know its random and all but i figured i would get one by now. is there something im not doing right. i do all the high lvl pots and elixers. i have 3 of the major resist pot and make those as often as i can. dose it matter which pot im crafting or not. can it be gray. just looking for some info.|||I made like 150 Elixir of Major agility without getting one - then one night I sold a Primal Might transmute, and I discovered Transmute: Primal Mana to Fire.

*Yay me*|||From what I understand discoverys are completely random and doesn't matter what level pots you are making as long as they are post BC pots. I've personally made 1000's of potions/elixir of all different levels and still have not made a discover. oh well, gues I will get lucky eventually.|||I've only discovered one - flask of relentless assault and I discovered that in the Bone Wastes while I was making a stack of volatile healing potion (grey at alch lvl 375) and my rogue is a Master of elixirs. Haven't discovered any more yet.|||I had 3 discoveries in my first 30 pots made. None since, about 300 pots.|||I've made easily over 1000 pots of all different types and still have yet to get a discover. It is completely random from what I have heard.|||There have been nights when I have made hunderds of pots and discovered nothing... and then there was one hnight where I made one elixir of Mastery and procced a discovery.

Totally random like they said above.|||wanted to add that since the previous posting, I have discovered 3 more recipes, and one of them was while I was making volitile healing potion.|||*feels nubbish* What's a discovery? I'm not an alchemist.|||Quote:








*feels nubbish* What's a discovery? I'm not an alchemist.




it is when you are making a high level potion/elixir in the Outlands anywhere and 'discover' another one (for some reason I haven't figured out yet, only Alchemists have this discovery, not any other profession). You can discover any potion or elixir - don't have to be one of the masters of anything to get that discovery. I went for weeks & months and now have a few.

Do not have any insight for the transmute discovery because I've never had one process yet, however, I do think that transmute discoveries are limited to happening while you are transmuting, and do not proc while making potions or elixirs (from reading other posts about this).

No comments:

Post a Comment