Thursday, April 19, 2012

Gold with eng/ench?

Right now both are around 170, and I was wondering when I will be able to start making some gold off these professions.

I need the gold because 1, im a rogue and rogues are very gear dependant, and 2 i need my mounts.

So if these arent profitable any time soon, which do you think I can pick up and lvl without it being a huge pain? I dont have my mount yet so im thinking any gathering profession would be a pain but for mining couldnt i just smelt?

but then when does mining get really profitable? I heard herb is good once you hit about 60 and up, so should i just go herb and stick with it?

and Im not sure which one to drop, eng or ench? eng, i think i will only use the trinkets and goggles, but enchanting, if i could make the gold, i would totally level it up and enchant my own stuff.

thanks.|||If you’re looking to make gold, unfortunately enchanting is not the way to go.

Mining makes good gold if you sell the ore and is probably your best bet for a gathering profession. Also I believe it will work alongside your engineering.

Skinning makes good gold as well as herbs, but mining is probably the best earner for you pre outland.



Eile.|||I'd mine and skin until outlands, and then possibly level jewelcrafting in place of skinning.

I've made a ton of gold from JC'ng.|||Quote:








Skinning makes good gold

Eile.




In Azeroth yes, in Outland no. You will be getting knothide leather scraps, which sell for nothing really.

I would suggest going for mining and herbalism and getting gatherer mod with Wowhead DB. It does miracles.|||I've really found enchanting an excellent way to make gold.

My strategy is to search the AH for armor/weapons, disenchant, and sell the raw goods at the AH. There's no deposit fee, so I can put them at the price I've researched, until they sell.

My normal rule of thumb is this...

For disenchanting items, I will only by armor/weapons of level 25 and below at a price equal to or below their level (i.e. a level 14 axe will only be purchased by me for 14s or less). With this strategy I generally will bid on A LOT of items all at once. It costs a few gold, but selling the raw materials at the right time will make you a lot of profit.

The best gold so far is from disenchanting items between level 35-50. But you have to be careful because this can be pricey. I have a general rule of thumb of not spending more than 1.30g on any item between these levels.

The raw materials on these go for an excellent price on my server.

Leveling up enchant can be pricey, but if you sell yourself through trade requesting people have their own mats, you can again make a good chunk of change.

Enchanting is very close to a pyramid scheme...you have to invest money before you get any in return. Be careful how much you invest, what you invest in, and what you're reselling your materials as.

PS: Don't forget that if something isn't selling well at the AH, keep it in the bank...you|||Quote:








In Azeroth yes, in Outland no. You will be getting knothide leather scraps, which sell for nothing really.

I would suggest going for mining and herbalism and getting gatherer mod with Wowhead DB. It does miracles.




Clefthoof leather sells for 70g stack of 20 on my realm.|||Quote:








In Azeroth yes, in Outland no. You will be getting knothide leather scraps, which sell for nothing really.

I would suggest going for mining and herbalism and getting gatherer mod with Wowhead DB. It does miracles.




Skinning gives you clefthide leather, which sells for bank....

I hope you include that in your analysis...Knothide leather scraps are the beginning outland, but far from the end.|||ah yes, the mighty clefthoof leather. even my knothide scraps sells for 2 gold. that's like light leather. its the beginning of another progression. you have to start somewhere, and with skinning, you get to start from nowhere twice! =]|||You can make money just fine with (Dis)enchanting and Engineering (Seaforium charges).

You just need to know how to do it.

Every single profession can earn you money and I seriously wish people would stop advocating skinning/mining to every single person as it's just flawed thinking. And freaking boring at that.

I made about 2k gold from s4 just the other day by doing exactly nothing other than buying some stuff on AH and reselling it a bit later. You don't even *need* a profession to make money. Especially not with all the dailies around.|||Quote:








You can make money just fine with (Dis)enchanting and Engineering (Seaforium charges).

You just need to know how to do it.

Every single profession can earn you money and I seriously wish people would stop advocating skinning/mining to every single person as it's just flawed thinking. And freaking boring at that.

I made about 2k gold from s4 just the other day by doing exactly nothing other than buying some stuff on AH and reselling it a bit later. You don't even *need* a profession to make money. Especially not with all the dailies around.




The OP did ask about those professions, even herbalism. He wants to drop one so that he can find a gathering profession to help pay for the other profession. the responses here reflect that, and is no way advocating picking up mining/skinning (except one response). i get annoyed at the "just drop everything and get mining/skinning" response too. but i find that the OP did ask for a gathering profession.



oh and to answer one thing about mining, no you cannot just smelt. there will be areas where smelting will be gray, and in order to smelt the next level ores, you will have to mine to get the skillups you need. so no, you cant just smelt, but you can probably get through about 25-30% of your mining skills through smelting.

No comments:

Post a Comment