Thursday, April 19, 2012

Will daily quests replace professions?

Since people keep gloating about making 200 gold in an hour or two easily with dialies, im wondering if gathering professions (and even some crafting professions will become a thing of the past. Will people slowly shift from making flasks, transmutes, enchants, gems, and other crafted goods as a primary source of gaining gold? Just thought about it today... random question you might say. but still... i'd like to know your thoughts.|||I guess it will depend on what else you do with your WoW time. If you're a big raider you might just do the dailies and get on with the raiding. Mining, herbing, crafting will fall by the wayside because it doesn't fit your WoW lifestyle.|||I personally hate dailies, i prospect a whole bunch of adamantite and sell the gems. I only did them to get the alchemy lab and exalted with SSO. Dailies are rep for me, the gold is not my incentive.|||i hate quests its as simple as that and spending all my time at 70 doing dailies would ruin the game for me. if im short of cash ill go graind some boglords and herb them send pots to the class's that need them and sell the rest. if i need rep ill go run a dungeon or 2.|||Bascially, they give an alternative to farming for making gold. Some days I feel like doing dailies, some days I feel like farming. I like having that flexibility. All of the new dailies actually make farming more profitable, as there is less farming competition because many people choose to do dailies, and the prices on a lot of farmed mats has gone up due to lower supply (with fewer people farming) and more gold in the economy from people doing dailies.|||Daily quests won't replace professions because professions provide items that everyone needs.

Gems, Riding crops, Bags, Enchants etc etc etc.

It has to an extent already replaced farming.

The vast majority of players I talk to do their daily quests every day, but the same people never did much of any farming.

The result?

Farming materials are more expensive, IE items that you farm (such as primals) on average of the servers i'm on are more expensive than they were pre 2.4.

To counteract that most players have more gold now due to daily quests.

I think the change is great and we'll see even more daily quests in the future.|||I think it blows chunks. You see I *HATE* farming motes for primals. It kills more brain cells than LCD. But now, I have no choice. why? because the prices have inflated. I'm still undecided which is more cost/time effective to make my Shadowcloth: farm the motes myself or run dailies for gold and just buy them.|||Quote:








Since people keep gloating about making 200 gold in an hour or two easily with dialies, .........




seriously those folks are experiencing game related time dilation. 200 gold an hour? If we assume 10G per quest (some are more most are actually less) that's 20 quests completed in an hour. That's completing and turning in a quest every 3 minutes. The Emissary of Hate doesn't appear that often, bombing the dead scar takes longer than that, Killing Myrmidons for the keys takes longer than that, Shrimping ain't easy and it ain't fast either.......I know you can group quests, but only to a certain extent (disrupt the coast, the dark iron one, and 1/3 of the ley lines are all together). I guarantee nobody is making 200G per hour /played doing dailies. Even if you account for selling loot, you have to go to an auction house OR log in your auction alt.|||I've timed myself. It takes me 65m to do all the quel'danas quests, all of them, excluding the ones you have to leave quel'danas for.

I have a fairly tricked out hunter that I am doing this on though... What I do is run around and grab ALL the quests, then go do the greengill coast. I can do the ore, murlocs, and bloodthingos and 1 part of the ley line there.

Then I run back round, shoot up the demons, and I've never had to wait for an emissary of hate, grab the ley line, then run across and get my blood knights, marksmen and summoners. Get the ley line there

If marksmen are slow to spawn, I shoot the wretched to get my mana remnants, sentry conversions, remaining bloodthingo herbs.

Run back, recharge the crystal, do the bloodsails (bomb them from the dragonhawk, just kill reservists on the middle boat, group with whoever else is waiting), fly back, then do the bombing run quest last, run around and hand in.

It's something like 13-14 quests? 8-12g each. Plus all the crap you get from drops (and they drop 25s each at minimum, so another 15g or so from kills). Always have 3 stacks of netherweave which AH for 4g each, 12g there. Also a green or two, usually AH them for 10g, vendor for 3g if they are 'whale'

So, yeah, close to 200g an hour if you have the DPS.

My wife's prot-pally on the other hand.... shudder... 1 minute per naga.

It takes another hour to run around for the outland quests.|||Yeah I do about 5-7 of the dailies most days in about 30 mins - honestly it wouldn't be hard with a well geared dps toon to get to 150-200g per hour.

As Cattelya says above, the dailies are a nice option when you need raw gold... not the potions etc and when you don't want to mess with the AH. If you don't like them... you can farm motes, kill and herb mobs, mine, etc. One thing it's NOT hard to do in TBC is make gold at 70.

No comments:

Post a Comment