Thursday, April 19, 2012

How much to tip for Lockpicking?

How much should i tip if i ask someone to lockpick my boxes? does tip increase when i have harder boxes?|||Generally yes. I tip 1 to 5 gold, depending on how quick and how many.

I have tipped much higher when I opened it and got something that was worth a pretty penny on the AH, though thats rare.|||I do it for free.....but I am a horde elf britneyspearsalikenaughtybadgirl....type ;)

Payment for all services welcome :)|||A lot of people refuse tip when I have them open a box, a lot of times they're leveling so they need the work anyway. If I was to tip I normally offer 1G for a high level box.|||I don't think many rogues would expect a tip necessarily but it's always much appreciated.

What I would consider a good tip would scale with the box level. 50s for a low level box, and 2-3g or so at the highest level.

I've gotten 5g tips before and quite honestly it's because of those people that I'm more then happy to interrupt my city activity to help people with opening boxes.|||I refuse to take money for lockpicking, if someone drops in cash i cancel it.. I always hatted people asking for cash to open boxes that they need for lvl up..|||They ask for tips?! Funny, none of the rogues I met to lp my boxes asked for one...|||depends on what is in the box.Min 50 S|||Quote:








They ask for tips?! Funny, none of the rogues I met to lp my boxes asked for one...




me neither. in 3 years of playing wow, i never tipped a rogue for lockpicking.|||One of my many alts is a mid-level rogue, and I definately don't need a tip for unlocking. Especially not when I still get skills for it, but even then, I never ask for a tip.

Having said that, however, I think it is common courtesy to at least offer one. If I do get tipped (which doesn't happen very often, because well, I never ask for it), it does restore some hope in human kindness in an online game. Sure, picking a lock doesn't cost the rogue anything (unlike a Blacksmith's keys), but it's nevertheless nice and considerate to do so.

To each his own, of course, I will never scold someone for being an insensitive jerk for not tipping a rogue for unlocking their boxes.

1 comment:

  1. Lock picking is a skill that takes a practiced touch. Do not be discouraged if you aren't able to open a lock right away. Your sense of touch is very important in
    lock picking , but don't forget to use your eyes and ears to understand and interact with the lock.

    ReplyDelete