Thursday, April 19, 2012

Disenchanting question

I figured this was as good of place as any to ask this. I know one enchanter and they are not on that much. I have tons of garbage greens and tailored stuff that I would like disenchanted.

If I ask someone in one of the major cities to disenchant something and put it in the no trade slot, will I be assured to get the disenchanted mats back? Or do I have to actually give it to them?|||You actually need to give them the item, as enchanters can only disenchant items they own themselves (otherwise they could easily DE the soulbound items from somebody else, you see).

If you're a bit worried about what you'll get out of it, then make sure to be in a party with the person DEing the items for you - then you'll get to see in your chat log what that person receives, and they can't lie to you about what the results were.|||Hmm.... Well I'd make friends with more people so that you aren't caught with no one you know being an enchanter (I'm not being snippy - WoW is a social game and it's in stuff like this where it really shows)

The other option you have is to mail the stuff to your enchanter friend and have the mail the mats back (I'm assuming you trust them). That way you don't need to worry about coordinating online times.|||Thats a good point. Take the time to get to know some people and they will either be able to help you or point you to someone you can trust.

Another idea is to start an alt. I try to cover the major professions with my alts. so I don't have to go begging (LW for armor pieces, tailoring for bags, enchanting for enchants and disenchanting, etc.)|||Yeah a disenchanter alt is nice to have. If you level him to about 275 you can disenchant most greens if I remember correctly.|||275 will allow you to DE outland blues. 300 for epics|||I did make a friend who disenchants but I always feel I am using him. I tip 10g to DE 12 items. I get some shards that sell quite well as well as the dust I need for imbued netherweave. He is also Aldor so I give him all the marks I find.

I did start an alt but it will be some time for her to get to 55, that is the level to DE most items other than epics, no?|||Quote:








I did make a friend who disenchants but I always feel I am using him. I tip 10g to DE 12 items. I get some shards that sell quite well as well as the dust I need for imbued netherweave. He is also Aldor so I give him all the marks I find.

I did start an alt but it will be some time for her to get to 55, that is the level to DE most items other than epics, no?




10G for 12 items and all Aldor marks...

I want to be used.|||Quote:








I did start an alt but it will be some time for her to get to 55, that is the level to DE most items other than epics, no?




55? I hope that's a typo.

If you get yourself the Auctioneer addon, you'll get a nifty little in-built feature caleld Enchantrix - that will tell you in the tooltip the kind of mats an item will disenchant into, the odds of each of them, as well as the required level of enchanting needed to be able to disenchant it.

Using that, I found that most of the items that I found in my early Outland days only needed 225 enchanting skill, while these days everything needs 275. So I'm guessing that 225 is needed for items up to level 64-65, and everything else up to 70 needs 275. But I never paid much attention to that bit, since I always had Enchantrix telling me what I need to know. :)|||I thought I had read somewhere that the character level had to be 55 before being about to DE the greens that my main (who is 70) finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment