Thursday, April 19, 2012

What is the best or suits best proffesions for all classes?

Hi im wondering what really suits best for the classes Warrior, Paladin, Rogue, Priest, Mage , Warlock, Hunter, Shaman and Druid cause i have been really curious about it?

I have a warrior with BS/Mining and a Hunter with LW/Skinning so what should the others have?|||It's hard to match classes to professions per se. You are better off defining your goals then selecting professions which best help achieve those goals.

A few goals to consider:

Role Play, Fun, making money, making useable "stuff", utility

I personally think every character should have first aid and 1 gathering profession (skinning, mining, herbalism). First Aid because it is a secondary profession and doesn't affect your ability to learn other professions and will often come in handy. So, the gathering profession you would select based on the areas you like to play, server economy, and your other primary profession.

That being said a lot of cloth wearers take up tailoring (mage, lock, priest). Enchanting goes decently with tailoring as does a gathering profession of your choice.

Warriors tend to take up Engineering/Blacksmithing with mining as the gathering profession or they go double gather.

Rogues and Hunters seem to like leatherworking/engineering along with a gathering profession.

Druids and Shaman favor leatherworking/alchemy with a gathering profession.

Keep in mind that all of these are just trends I've noticed but in no way constitute "best". I would caution against Blacksmith with anything other than a paladin or warrior as nearly all of the top end gear BS plans are for plate armor.|||Most of my characters are currently engineering for the Goggles, I'm only just hitting the T6 content where the goggles need to be replaced.

Warlock, Mage and Priest really benefit from the BoP tailoring gear early on, it's probably worth taking tailoring to get that.

If you're not rich, don't bother with enchanting or JC, both awful to level without a huge ammount of money to waste.|||My Rogue has herbalism/alchemy, even though some people have told me I'm stupid for not going with leatherworking instead. But I can make my own potions and elixirs, and especially such things as a Swiftness Potion are really handy. Also, potions are consumables, so people keep buying new ones as they use them up.

Indeed, clothies can really benefit from tailoring - right now I'm saving up on Shadowcloth with my lock to make the Frozen Shadoweave Set, and I've yet to find a better set to gear myself with in preparation for Karazhan (not counting the PvP gear here, since I'm not fond enough of that to fancy grinding for a few hundred k in honour).

Engineering can be very entertaining and helpful, but keep in mind that some 90% is only for personal use because of the level in engineering the items require to use.. so selling for profit is hardly an option with that one.|||Ok ok....so thats why JC and Enchant is so damn expensive, well then i should take like tailoring and skinning so i can make money for like the shaman. Cause its really hard to get gold in the game.

And now i have Alchemy/Herbalism for my druid so i can make potions for my characters.

So it really dpends on what i really want to have right? When im going to choose a profession.

Thanks for the tips all.

No comments:

Post a Comment