Thursday, April 19, 2012

Jewelcrafting at 280+ SUCKS!

So... I have a shaman that I have been leveling Jewelcrafting with.

What a pain in the arse just to get him up to 280ish.

Being pretty much "broke", how is one expected to be able to complete the skilling up to 375 some time before the next Ice Age?

Power leveling guides are not the "affordable" way in order to get the much-adored "skill up point". Please advise as to what I should be looking to craft, in what order, that will be much easier on the check book.

I am a miner by trade as well, as that seemed to compliment the JC profession.... at least until skilled up.|||http://www.lootables.com/?guide=crafting_intro

i used this guide. yeah your right it does suck but once u get to 300 its downhill...|||I can imagine that its hard powerleveling JC, especially around level 250+

I was leveling JC together with leveling my toon. Indeed, the period at the end of the 50's levels (250-300) sucked and i needed to invest plenty of money. I remember spending fortunes on (big)flasks of mojo etc....

In outlands on the other hand, i was finding plenty of ore to level my toon together with JC. The best thing is that apart from gems, you dont need many other ingredients. And that was exactly the problem at 280ish..

In outland i was also helped by guildies that needed my skills and would pass me gems to cut into jewels. And don't forget: the 'low level' jewels sell pretty well... 1-3 gold per item. So even though you find yourself buying ore or gems, the jewels you craft from them, are sellable. But dont forget to use auctioneer or so to know which gems to craft. It depends a lot on Gem and time for how much you can sell them. I sold some for 3.2G, and some i couldn't get rid of, even not for 45S|||Generally mining helps cut the cost of JC, cause you can just farm stacks of ore and prospect them for gems, then sell the ones you don't need for yourself and use the overhead to buy the off stuff you need. Or if you're high enough level just go farm that too. My worst part of dealing with JCing was the Large Fangs I needed at one point, since I couldn't find hide nor hair of them in the AH.|||The trick is to never level a crafting profession before you have atleast 1 level 70 to fund it.

The amount of time/gold/effort to get what you need really slows down leveling and makes getting a mount at the right levels much harder.|||i think most profs are a nightmare to get 275-300. back in rthe day i had my only char a warrior trying to keep blacksmithing at the right lvl for me to benifit from the gear i could make. it was a nightmare and cost me hours of game play and even more in gold :(

but on a lighter note be thankfull your nopt an enchanter and having to run strat or scholo every day to get enough mats|||Last night, I went crazy and power leveled my shaman's (lvl 40) JC from 0 to 300 in one night (5 hours).

I do have a 300 mining profession on my lvl 60 mage and I had never sold any ore except copper.

I mixed the following 3 rings around 280 to reach 300.

Diamond Focus Ring (1 x Azerothian Diamond + 1 x Thorium Setting)

Onslaught Ring (1 x Thorium Setting + 1 x Powerful Mojo + 1 x Essence of Earth) you can farm "Powerful Mojo" in north east part of EP.

Emerald Lion Ring (2x Huge Emerald + 1 x Thorium Setting)

Now I have to level my shaman to 50, so she can level the JC to 375.|||280+ is difficult because of all the Azerothian diamonds you need to make it through. Luckily, you'll get 1 or 2 per stack of thorium. Assuming you're 70, hit the bug tunnels in Silithus for about 2 hours and you'll have all the mats you need to get to 300. From 300-350 takes like 10 minutes, you just cut all the green gems you have in your bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment