Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Greedy Mage

Ok, I'm a greedy mage. Not greedy in the sense that I would steal from folks but money grubbing. I chose skinning and herbalism as my professions because I want lots of shiney gold coins.

I actually have 3 characters and all 3 have skinning. I just can't bring myself to kill a beast and leave the leather. It seems like such a waste. On the other hand, I love it when other people kill beasts and can't skin them. I even get annoyed when someone kills a beast and doesn't loot it thus making it unskinnable.

I don't know anything about mages for the most part but from what I've read it seems that there's some armor in game called "Spellstrike" that may be craftable and good for mages? Is that tailoring? If this is a "must have" item then I may need to rethink professions.|||Wowwiki is you friend - saves you typing a nice long post about nothing in particular ;P

http://www.wowwiki.com/Spellstrike_Pants

http://www.wowwiki.com/Spellstrike_Hood

And you won't need to change your profs... they're both BOE|||damn i thaught you talk about me :P



but about spellstrike : forget about it. Wotlk is in 4 weeks. just keep collecting shiny gold coins.|||Agreed. The spellfire set is BoP, but isn't that important since it would be replaced on your way to 80. The gear reset in WotLK isn't as harsh as the one that came with TBC, but it's still there. There's a really nice mage staff in TBC that you can get at lvl 65. Has 85 spell damage and a good amount of other nice stats. Thing is, at 68 or 69 (depending on faction), you'll be able to get something with almost two and a half times the spell power in the expansion. That's more spell power than anything short of arena weapons or raiding gear, and quite a bit ahead of any quested rewards or 5-man instance drops.|||Quote:








Agreed. The spellfire set is BoP




He asked about the spellstrike set (which is BOE)|||Yeah, I'm pretty much the same way as well... I wish I had skinning on every char so I could get just a few more gold any time I kill crap.|||Quote:








He asked about the spellstrike set (which is BOE)




Yes, but he was also asking about the advantages of switching to tailoring. When TBC first came out, the spellstrike set was THE big reason to go tailoring for a fire or arcane spec'ed mage. That's no longer the case, and that was my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment