Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fishing Daily - The One That Got Away.

[:1]Anyone found this one annoy? I spent 50 minutes and got nothing so I gave up and raided Halaa instead. The first time I did this quest I fished out the "World's Largest Mudfish" after the 80th trial but I receive the shadow pearl in the "Bag of Fishing Treasures".

All the other fishing quests took about 5 minutes or less.

- "The One That Got Away"

.|||took me 4 days. ten-15 minutes each day|||That one can take a while, but I think 20ish minutes was the longest it ever took. Usually though it was 5-10 minutes. Most of my experience with the quest was in BC, but I don't think the drop rate has changed. (Well, except for that brief period where it was a 100% drop rate if you had the quest.)

There are a couple of things to be aware of.

(1) Make sure you aren't in a raid group. Since you can't do quests in a raid, the quest fish can't drop while you are in the raid group. (I've wasted so much time on various dailies where the quest items weren't dropping because I forgot I was in a raid group. )

(2) Make sure that you are actually in the right area. That particular daily can be a bit touchy. (At least it used to be, it's possible its been fixed.) Make sure your zone text actually says the name of the lake. There are some places on the shore that will show the zone text Garadar, and the fish won't drop if for you if you stand there to fish.|||My favourite fail method for the fishing dailies is to try it without actually having the quest. I'm fishing for ages in Dalaran sewers wondering why the damned jewelry doesn't appear and then realise that I didn't pick up the quest - bug duh !|||Quote:








My favourite fail method for the fishing dailies is to try it without actually having the quest. I'm fishing for ages in Dalaran sewers wondering why the damned jewelry doesn't appear and then realise that I didn't pick up the quest - bug duh !




Always good to hear I'm not the only one then!

Related to that, I managed a few times to fish for twenty-something minutes for a certain daily, only to realize that I am fishing in the wrong zone because I had another daily in mind. And that after accepting the quest and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment