Thursday, April 12, 2012

Any suggestions on how to get this schematic drop?

[:1]I took my Death Knight Engineer to Eastern Plaguelands (oh, how I hate that place!!!!) and spent over an hour going 'round and 'round, killing Mossflayer Shadowhunters, which are supposed to drop the schematic for the Flawless Arcanite Rifle.

The information online is rather out of date in terms of changes with patches, so I'm not sure if these mobs are all that drop it or what. Any suggestions from someone who's found it recently? I'd really like to have it.|||I think you've just got to keep farming. It looks like it's got a less than 0.1% drop rate (less than 1 in 1000).|||According to another website (Think surprised cranium) it is a 0.7% drop from only the Mossflayer Shadowhunters. You are going to have to kill hundreds of those things.|||Quote:








According to another website (Think surprised cranium) it is a 0.7% drop from only the Mossflayer Shadowhunters. You are going to have to kill hundreds of those things.




I don't think I will. What was an exciting and challenging area for lower levels is booooooring when you're level 80. Even if I don't bring the Ghoul Army out (although it's fun to watch them laying out the Mossflayers all over) it's still too easy.|||Quote:








(Think surprised cranium)




This made me smile|||Welcome to the tedious world of small-percentage-drop farming.

Just out of curiosity, why are you bothering? If it's for any reason other than it's like Pokeman (gotta collect 'em all), I don't think I'd put myself through the trouble. However, if it's completism, I certainly understand that urge.

...Ren|||Quote:








Welcome to the tedious world of small-percentage-drop farming.

Just out of curiosity, why are you bothering? If it's for any reason other than it's like Pokeman (gotta collect 'em all), I don't think I'd put myself through the trouble. However, if it's completism, I certainly understand that urge.

...Ren




I wanted it for a level 50 Hunter friend. There's a sort of gap in guns available for the middle levels. I happened to have some Arcanite on hand that didn't sell, so thought it seemed like a good way to turn it into something useful that would probably sell well too.

But no, I won't bother now. I may post in Trade and see if anyone else can make it for me. It's not important like getting the schematics for the two Repair Bots was so I could make Jeeves.

I really hope Cataclysm will spiff up the items all professions can make, most particularly Engineering. Things in that haven't changed much in ages. I'd like more innovative guns for more levels and more mechanical mounts to start with.|||Before starting the trip to the EPL, always check the AH too as sometimes someone else got lucky and put it up for a reasonable price.|||I'd say use the same time to simply boost your hunter friend past his weapon gap.|||I have the feeling that by now, over 4 months after the last post in this thread, that hunter friend won't be needing that drop anymore. There was little reason to up this thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment