Thursday, April 12, 2012

You can't enchant for your own account?

[:1]I have a level 300 Enchanter. I wish I could use her skill to enchant some of my other characters' items, but as far as I can see, there's no way to get the items into her hands for enchanting. You can't mail them or trade them temporarily to another account's characters (they're soulbound) and you can't play two characters at once....... So the answer is 'no', right?|||Enchant on to vellum and post them?|||Yep, just as Wiglet said. The ability to make an enchant an actual tradable item was brought in at the same time as the inscription profession (I think). Its made it a lot easier to make gold with enchanting as you can now post the enchants on the auction house and stockpile enchants for later use.|||I'm also lucky because my wife and I play together a lot, and we get a LOT of enchants, gems, whatever it may be, needed across multiple characters and we can just trade them to eachother when we need something.

Depending on the enchant level, you need different levels of Vellum, also, Gear has a different Vellum than Weapons.

1-60 (Regular WoW): Armor/Weapon Vellum I

35-70 (Burning Crusade): Armor/Weapon Vellum II

60-80 (Wrath of the Lich King): Armor/Weapon Vellum III|||yes the best thing blizzard did for enchanters was create the inscription profession with the ability to make vellums for armor and weapon enchants. If you don't have a scribe of your own, Froggelet, then check the AH for the six types of vellums listed by Mazhulsage. The cost should not be to high judging from the servers I play on but if they are to expensive and you have a toon with no professions, then Inscription/herbalism is an excellent choice to provide your own (plus you can create your own glyphs and some other items of use also).|||Quote:








yes the best thing blizzard did for enchanters was create the inscription profession with the ability to make vellums for armor and weapon enchants. If you don't have a scribe of your own, Froggelet, then check the AH for the six types of vellums listed by Mazhulsage. The cost should not be to high judging from the servers I play on but if they are to expensive and you have a toon with no professions, then Inscription/herbalism is an excellent choice to provide your own (plus you can create your own glyphs and some other items of use also).




Thanks, all. Could you explain a bit further, though, please? I've seen these vellum things on the AH, pondered them briefly, hadn't a clue as to their use, and passed them up. So....... does that mean my level 53 Rogue could buy one and use it on himself by right clicking or something? Or does an Enchanter or Scribe have to buy and/or use it?

I've got a Scribe, but find it the most impossibly boring profession to work at. I'm only persisting because it seems like a bit of a money-maker at higher levels. I see Darkmoon Cards selling for 500 gold or more on the AH and they're made by Scribes.|||http://www.wowwiki.com/Vellum

Basically, you enchant the vellum, which then becomes a tradable enchant. Post it to the alt that needs it (or put it on the auction house if you want to make some gold) - the alt then can apply the enchant to their own armor/weapon.|||Quote:








http://www.wowwiki.com/Vellum

Basically, you enchant the vellum, which then becomes a tradable enchant. Post it to the alt that needs it (or put it on the auction house if you want to make some gold) - the alt then can apply the enchant to their own armor/weapon.




Thanks. That's exactly what I needed to know.|||Does this mean you enchanted all the way to 300 without selling any on the AH? All that gold!!!|||Quote:








Does this mean you enchanted all the way to 300 without selling any on the AH? All that gold!!!




I'd never read anything that said I could do that. Everything I read seemed to be disenchanting (which still seems incongruous to me) and enchanting. So I levelled her up by enchanting her own gear over and over and over...... I disenchanted greens and whatnot that other characters got as loot to get the shards and things. Didn't make any gold, but it is a quick and easy way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment