Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Hunter with Tailoring?

[:1]Up until a few days ago my Hunter (80) had Enchanting/Mining professions. I love enchanting because I like to keep my gear enchanted and I like disenchanting useless quest rewards. The attack power on rings enchant is cool to.

Mining however, is boring, and while it pulls in some cash, not an awful lot (around 1-1.5g each for cobalt/saronite on my server). I also can't use my tracking abilities as much as I'd like to make full use of the profession.

Anyway I dropped mining for tailoring, and powerlevelled it to 425. This cost about 1500g plus all my cloth reserves, but through disenchanting and selling bags I've already made about half of this back.

I chose tailoring because:

Magnificient Flying Carpet - reason enough on it own for me...

Great synergy with Enchanting, I think I can make some good money by crafting greens and disenchanting the results.

It's its own gathering profession - I was put off engineering because of the need for metals etc.

My one problem with tailoring is there are only a few things I can make that'll ever use: bags, the carpet and maybe frostweave nets.

Can anyone think of anything else from Tailoring vaguely useful for a hunter?|||Sorry, no.

Other than nets in tailoring, there is nothing hunter can use. Bags and Flying carpets can be used for all classes, not just hunters.|||You can make cape and pants enchants. Not really as usefull like for casters, but still nice.|||Quote:








You can make cape and pants enchants. Not really as usefull like for casters, but still nice.




Cape and pants enchants are for meleers or casters. They are useless for hunters.|||Quote:








Cape and pants enchants are for meleers or casters. They are useless for hunters.




Yeah. You are right. I thought those noncaster things are mele or ranged. But they are only mele.|||Never really understood why one of the cloak embroideries was for melee. I mean, I don't see my Rogue taking up tailoring just for that embroidery.

If they want to make gear-crafting professions more appealing to other classes, then they should've added more things than just 1 embroidery and a floating rug.|||i love the enchant/teiloring combo. Mats sell better than the cloth items created on my server which is a nice bonus =) I usually make stuff from LW, JC and BS and DE it on my priest. Easy mny IMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment