Thursday, April 12, 2012

Finding Herbs

[:1]I am new to WOW and just learned herbalism for the first time. I thought there was supposed to be an ability learned with apprentice herbalism that allowed you to bring up the locations of all herbs in an area on your mini-map, but I can't find where it is at. Is it supposed to show up under the professions tab with herbalism? Was this ability removed with the Cataclysm changes?|||in your skill book.|||Or just click on the little tracking function on the minimap and check Finding Herbs.|||They took then out of the spellbook for Cataclysm. (I just double checked my priest and both Find Herbs and Find Fish are missing from her spell book.) They are still available, though. Now, as dusketernal alluded to, you choose what you want to track from your tracking menu (the magnifying glass on your minimap.)

The good news is, this is actually an upgrade, since you can now track multiple things at the same time. Even if you aren't an herbalist/miner, it's still nice to be able to turn on something like Low Level Quest tracking without having to turn of Find Herbs.|||There are also helpful addons such as Gatherer and GatherMate2 etc... that keep track of the place and type of herb you found, complete with a little icon of the herb on the world map.

I believe you can download a complete database of their potential locations (remember they have several spawn locations in the same general area), but I prefer to just pick herbs whilst questing.

slight tangent-

Is there a quick and simple way to report ingame bugs? I found that even though the Herb Finder said there should be a herb in Felwood I couldn't even get close to it as it was spawned in the middle of a new huge tree (I did check everywhere including the roots).|||There's the little red question mark, but I'm not sure that this is something that will be fixed quickly, if at all.|||Oh, actually I had not even checked but it makes sense since everything is on one tab now.

The Gatherer addon also helps here. But the Pre Cata databases are gone and you'll have to start from scratch in your node location markings.|||I've switched from gatherer to gathermate2 and it has a full, downloadable database including all Cataclysm data points :)

No comments:

Post a Comment