Monday, April 16, 2012

Eng: Moll-e

Is this item worth the mats?

Saronite = Copper as far as mats go can farm 1-2 stacks of bars in an hour in SB.

Eternal air on the other hand is not as easy to get. The mote extractor usually gives water and fire, ore usually shadow or earth.

At the AH, Alliance side on Antonidas, Eternal Airs are selling for about 30g each. MOLL-E requires 8 of em.

Other then to have it or after you have your toon maxed out with gear (not gonna happen to me soon) would this be actually useful for game play?

The only use I can see it is if you were deep in an instance and your bags were full of stuff you did not want to vend. Bags full of vendor trash can be dealt with via a repair bot and if you are that deep in an instance you may could use one of those anyway.

Then again I could be missing something entirely.

Z.|||Hmmm the cooldown is being reduced to 8 hours. Its great for farming also. Out of space? Mail over everything to your bank.

Only *YOU* can decide if it's worth it for your needs. For me it is very useful. Sure farming Eternal Air can be a pain, but you can

a) save for the air slowly, any time you get a drop, mail it to an alt. You can probably get the air in 2-3 weeks.

b) Farm fire/air, sell on AH, and buy the Water with the money.

It's one of a handful of items thats actually of any use for an engineer, make use of it I say. Largely the profession is a waste of time for end game, the whole point of it is to make use of trivial stuff such as this.|||Storm peak got some air clouds around so I would fly around there.

You can alos kill some storm elementals to farm air - WinterGrasp?.

I made Moll-e 3 weeks ago and never used it.|||Yeah the cooldown makes it useless tbh, because I always feel I might need it later in the day, so never use it. I've used it once in a month....

There is Air clouds in dragonblight too|||On particularily long raids, I sometimes run out of consumables. When that happens, I quickly relog to my bank/AH alt, buy the required items (or retrieve them from the bank), mail them to my main, log back and pop MOLL-E.

I've also been known to use the same trick to instantly get gems for a new piece of gear that I just won, so that I'd be able to equip it right away.

As for air, make sure that you're harvesting Arctic Clouds (which drop air/water) and not Steam Clouds (water/fire). The former are generated in 'cold' locations like Dragonblight, Storm Peaks or Icecrown, while the latter spawn in 'warm' places like Sholozar Basin or geyser fields in Borean Tundra.|||Thanks everyone. I think I will make one of these. You have presented me with situations I had not considered.

Z.|||I thought power leveling and such are not allowed on this site, moreover what does it have to do with creating a mail box bot or not.

I have not made one yet, all funds tied up in the AH, the bottom fell out of the titansteel market and I am stuck with 40 bars. They were selling in the low to mid 200g range, but people keep putting em up for 130-150.

Z.|||Quote:








I thought power leveling and such are not allowed on this site, moreover what does it have to do with creating a mail box bot or not.




There is a difference between 'power' leveling a profession or speed leveling your own character vs having someone else level your character asap.

The latter is not allowed. The first two are perfectly fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment