Monday, April 16, 2012

Best stuff to DE

I'm low on enchanting mats and i'm looking for the best way to get them without spending money (which I don't have).

I've got the benifit of having a few high level ats. A LW/Skinner Miner/BS and Miner/Engineer. I can also tailor with my enchanter.

Of those options I think the LW is the best guy to make stuff with since he's my only toon with an epic flyer and he can kill/skin pretty fast. So the question is, what is the best thing to make for dust/essense?

I couldn't find a list of what stuff DE's into but I was thinking something from the Nerubian set would be ideal. It's only 10 Borean leather to make, so that's a minimum of 10 mobs to get one green. Sound about right?|||Quote:








I'm low on enchanting mats and i'm looking for the best way to get them without spending money (which I don't have).

I've got the benifit of having a few high level ats. A LW/Skinner Miner/BS and Miner/Engineer. I can also tailor with my enchanter.

Of those options I think the LW is the best guy to make stuff with since he's my only toon with an epic flyer and he can kill/skin pretty fast. So the question is, what is the best thing to make for dust/essense?

I couldn't find a list of what stuff DE's into but I was thinking something from the Nerubian set would be ideal. It's only 10 Borean leather to make, so that's a minimum of 10 mobs to get one green. Sound about right?




Level 75 and up greens and blues are good to DE. It seems the best greens LW can make are level 74. I would make those level 74 greens and DE them.|||The best way to get enchanting mats is to quest, then D/E the rewards. if you haven't completed a lower level Northrend Zone on your enchanter, quest there.|||The best stuff to DE would be level 80 purples. abyss crystals are pretty expensive.|||You could always use your miner and skinner to farm mats and sell those.|||Between the drops and quest rewards you can easily make 500g/day just doing dailies.

More if you are a big meanie and get to kill 50 oracles which drop clams that contain northern pearls and siern's tears.

Your miner/engineer can spend an hour or 2 in SB and get a ton of saronite, eternal earth/fire/shadow/air. Especially if you have the mote extractor. Can either send the stuff to your black smith or auction it off directly.

If you skinner/leather worker has fast AOE capabilities then HF for shovel tusk. Not only get you get leather quickly the shovel tusk flank sells well at least on my server.

Tender Shoveltusk Steak is a must buff food for all caster classes.

If you can get into instances, there are some green/blue drops there. Side note: The WotLK instances don't have nearly as many trash mobs as prior instances for some reason.

From other threads, leveling mats are fairly pricey so if you do some level 60 instances you can DE those. Sell those mats and buy the ones you need.|||I've found Mining/JCing to be the best source of enchanting mats in Wrath. One of the motivations for leveling my Death Knight in the first place was to get JCing up so I could level Enchanting on my priest. Well, that and I was tired of being gouged for gems on the AH.

The way I evaluate it is to look at what the average "value" of the enchanting mats I can expect to get from DEing an item is and compare it to how much the mats to make it are going for on the AH. I then go with the item that has the best return on investment when I DE it.

For example, there is one JCing ring that costs 2 Eternal Earths to make. When I was leveling my Enchanting, I could pick up Eternal Earths for 6g each if I was watching the AH for them.

If I made 10 rings, I could expect on average 26 dusts and 3 greater essences. At 5g each for dust and 30g each for essences, I would get on average 220g worth of mats for a 120g investment. (And that still applies if you are farming the mats. It's an investment because you are not getting the money for selling the mats.)

Bascially, I went through the math for the promising looking items I could make on various characters, and that's the one that came out the best given the current server prices. The best thing you can do is do a similar analysis of your available trade skills.

Edit: The other reason doing an analysis like that is nice is on the off chance you discover you can't make anything that gets you ahead when you DE. Then you know the best course is to farm the raw materials, sell them, and use that gold to buy your enchanting mats.

No comments:

Post a Comment