Thursday, April 12, 2012

Money Makerz

[:1]I have a question that probably everyone has asked. What two professions make the most money? I've heard it was like skinning and mining but I'm not sure at all. I'm new. Also, I have a question in the Battlegrounds forum page. It should say...

Druid Build for Battlegrounds

Something like that. Could anyone help me?|||It can vary depending on your server. You can make pretty good money with any professions if you are willing to research your server's economy.

The standard recommendation is to take to gathering professions, since it leveling crafting professions does take resources. (You either have to gather the mats, or spend gold to level them.)

The old recommendation was Skinning + Either Herbalism or Mining because you could only track one thing at a time, and so collecting herbs and ore at the same time meant hitting a macro every 5 seconds to swap your tracking. Now, however, you can track multiple things, so there isn't any reason you can't pair up herbalism and mining.

So, if you want to easy way to make money, pick two of skinning, herbalism, and mining.

If you are willing to put in some more AH time, you can go with a crafting profession + it's gathering profession. (So herbalism and alchemy, or mining and jewelcrafting, and so on.) Just keep in mind that some crafting professions like blacksmithing and engineering have extremely limited options for things you can sell that people will buy, making them poor choices form a pure money making standpoint.|||As Cattleya said it depends on your server, but on mine I found Skinning and especially Mining the best money makers.

Quite often the starter level mats sell better than the majority of the mid level ones; wool, copper, tin etc... Check the price of bars on the AH as sometimes profit can be made simply smelting the ores into bars e.g Bronze and as a bonus you level up mining at the same time.

Heavy and Rugged leather seems to sell quite well generally around 25-40g x20.

With other ores patience is the key; I had over 1k Fel iron ores on a bank alt that were either mined by my other toons or bought cheap 10-25g x20 from the AH. It may take a while to sell for the price you want, but if you watch the market and have patience it usually pays off, I made nearly 6k profit (after tax and costs) from that little lot.

On my server, herbalism has been my least profitable profession, but since I'm also training Alchemy and farming all the herbs, everything I don't need for Alchemy I use for Inscription.|||I started Inscription last week and have made more gold whilst levelling than any other prof I've tried, and thats after buying some of the herbs from the AH when I ran out.

This may change as Glyph prices have been crazy since Cata's release, but I would certainly recommend Herbalism and Inscription as a starting option at the moment.|||According to a few money makers i know: Inscription is the way to go.

If you are willing to spend ages in the auction house relisting your glyphs that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment