Monday, April 16, 2012

How can you make Fishing Bearable?

I've tried, believe me MANY times, but I just can't seem to bear fishing.

It's the most boring profession i've ever encountered, but I'd like to have mine go up!

It's just so mindless to sit in one spot and click on one thing involving no movement of your character for hours to increase your fishing skill.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit:

On a side note, do u guys like my new avatar?

:D|||If you're the competitive type, try entering the weekly fishing tournament in STV.|||Quote:








If you're the competitive type, try entering the weekly fishing tournament in STV.




that's just it though, i'm not allowed on the computer on Sundays...|||With a game full of content, instances..raids pvp, world pvp *depending on server* plus all the other professions. I can't suggest standing there fishing for hours at a time. I tried it too... then i went to the kitchen to get something to gouge my eyes out with as that would be more fun that fishing.|||Fishing is pretty boring ... but I want to get to 300 on everything so I just fish for the same amount of time as the lure I am using .... 10 minutes out of each time you play isn't too bad and I can usually get 10-20 points ...

just do it a little at a time ... like if you're waiting for the boats do a little fishing, you can usually get off 2 or 3 casts .... or if the boat just arrived and you hop on keep on fishing .. again you can usually get 2 or 3 casts off before the boat departs...|||I love fishing! It's my favorite trade skill easily and makes all my money for me too! For me I think a factor which makes it more fun is that I use almost all the fish for cooking or alchemy purposes. If you can't really use them you might see it as boring, I dunno I have always enjoyed fishing even on eq.

If you haven't leveled up cooking yet then try doing it as you're fishing too. It might give you more motivation to find particular fish and recipes.|||Those of us that fish for profit love, love, love those of you who do not. By all means, please don't fish.

Thanks!|||i drink beer while fishing..i recommend a ncie Pale Ale microbrew.

i typically fish for Nightfin and Deviates, i play the game in windowed mode and surf while fishing. Otherwise.. it's very..very..boring.

i'd like to hook into a fish and then some sea monster comes out to attack me.. anything to liven up the otherwise dreadful experience.

or i dont know.. charter a boat for 5g and go out and catch some rare stuff?

--thats a good idea actually.|||Fish the canals in SW while LFG or selling stuff...helps to pass the time, and you can level to 300 in any puddle of water that lets you cast your line.|||Quote:








Fish the canals in SW while LFG or selling stuff...helps to pass the time, and you can level to 300 in any puddle of water that lets you cast your line.




I did this and skilled up to about 14 before i deleted my fishing pole so that i wouldn't attempt it again.

For those of you who fish, my hat is off to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment