Thursday, April 12, 2012

Alchemy - Master of None

[:1]What do people think is the best Alchemy Specialization (currently)?

I had forgotten about this until I met the quest giver, but don't wish to waste 150g changing it later if can be helped.

I know that on my server transmute True Gold is good profit and I did have some successs selling other transmutes, but the dilemma is all my Elixirs sell well too.

Elder|||i have potion master, which seems to be a mistake, but i've just never felt any desire to change it.

In your situation i would do elixir master. not to make more elixirs, but to make the same amount and either sell the extra herbs or spend less time farming.|||Honestly, the best specialization is the one you will use the most. If you are a healer and use lots of mana pots, it might make sense to go pot spec. Any other raid-centric character might find Elixir mastery more useful. If you want to feed mats to a JCer or BS, transmute spec is nice.

I honestly don't think that overall there is a huge advantage gold wise for one specialization over the other. Transmutes tend to have the biggest profit margin, but that's because they are limited by a cooldown. At least on my server, Truegold isn't the best way to use your cooldown (if gold is your goal) even if you are transmute spec. The profit margin on truegold is so low that you really only profit off of the procs, and those don't make up for the gold you lose by not doing the Living Elements transmute. That might change in 4.0.6 since air may drop in price (since I believe some recipes that use it are being toned down) and life might go up a bit in price since you will need a bit more for flasks. Still, the drop in air prices will also drop the price of truegold (it's the most expensive element) which will also reduce the profit you would get on truegold procs.

As for me, I have one transmute spec alchemist, and one elixir spec. To be perfectly blunt, it's nice having both. I might someday level a pot spec as well. If you can only have one, then pick the one that makes sense for your situation. The one you would utilize the most is the best choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment