Thursday, April 12, 2012

Anybody else noticed this?

[:1]I take my level 80 Death Knight mining a lot. I use his gathers for my lower level alts' crafts and to make money on the AH. So I'm a pretty consistent miner in all areas and on all sorts of ore.

It really seems, though, that with that last patch gathers in some areas were reduced. Sholazar Basin, for instance, used to be crammed with Saronite, now there's not a lot at all. The only really productive area that seems unchanged is Un'Goro Crater.

Anyone else noticed this?|||can't say I've noticed it, but are you sure it's not just an increase in bots?|||Quote:








can't say I've noticed it, but are you sure it's not just an increase in bots?




No, I don't think so. I know how bots work and do see them, but it definitely seems to be fewer gathers available.|||Can't say I have.|||Are you mining at peak time on your server, possible that you have competition from other miners or bots.|||Quote:








Are you mining at peak time on your server, possible that you have competition from other miners or bots.




No I mine at all sorts of times. If my husband's away on business, I might be up at 3 am mining (I sleep badly when he's away).|||that's odd.

Either try a different zone to switch things up or just keep running circles around the place. Sometimes I see someone going the other way and i know i have competition.|||Haven't noticed any particular change in this myself either.

I'd more readily blame a new farmer or two in your area.

...Ren|||I have noticed an increase in the number of "underground" farmers recently. They glitch the landscape and travel underneath it, mining away. I've fought mobs on top of a node and watched the node dissapear from below me.

Really annoying.|||I'll persist no matter what, I think. Un'Goro Crater is still as good as ever with an abundance of ore and associated jewels. Thorium sells very well on my AH, often being sold before I've finished putting my gathers on. I would rather sell it than Saronite or Titanium or Cobalt, which sometimes take a couple of days to go. I put my items on at reasonable prices, too, so it's not the price factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment