Saturday, April 14, 2012

Looking to coordinate professions between 80s.

[:1]So, I have just bought wrath of the lich king, and am about to level my 70s to 80. I have three 70s, one of which is now almost 72. Either way, I've been working on my tradeskilling; leveling the professions I've neglected. I have a 70 Shaman that is a 375 Enchanter/270 odd Scribe, a 70 Rogue who is 375 Herb/Alch and a Mage that is 375 tailoring and 260 engineering. By the time I get to 80, all of these will be 450, obviously.

What I'm looking to do is figure out the most efficient way to use my professions to maximise my income. I understand I can make vellums with my inscription and then enchant them and sell them on the AH. I can also use herbalism for alchemy and inscribing. My girlfriend has a miner, so I can get ore and gems for engineering from her.

I have the supply side of my professions just about down pat, I just need to coordinate them so I can make as much money as possible. If you have any ideas or do this on your 80s, can you please share what you do?|||Sounds like you've got it pretty much worked out. Level up, sell anything you don't need while levelling and once at max, find the balance between gathering profs and crafting profs. Selling herbs may make more gold than turning them into inscription goddies or pots/elixirs.

I'm an engineer/miner and have always found it more cost effective to just sell any ore I mine and only make things me or the guild need. With engineering you'll make a fair amount of gold from selling the goodies you get with the "Zapthrottle Mote Extractor".... and hours farming around Scholazar Basin will get you piles of them.

Each realm is different. You're going to have to study the AH and work out which system is most cost effective for your realm.

As a side note... I've found fishing to be a surprisingly good way of making gold. Certain fish sell for 30-50g a stack and take only 5-10 minutes to get.

Good Luck :)|||Quote:








Certain fish sell for 30-50g a stack and take only 5-10 minutes to get.

Good Luck :)




I don't believe this timing...No way you are getting a STACK of fish (that sell for 50g) in 10 minutes. One every 30 seconds....|||Yes, herbs do go for a LOT, which is why I'm considering dropping alchemy and making my rogue a farming character. The only problem is, I've gotten it all the way to 375 with my alchemy, and it seems like a waste to drop it. Raw mats are going for insane amounts on my realm at the moment. Especially old world stuff. I might have to ninja my girlfriend's miner a bit and mine up some ore to sell. I sell a lot of enchanting mats, which net me a lot of cash; as well as bags and stuff. I guess I have to get as many recepies at 80 as possible on all of my different professions, and then figure out which are the most profitable to make (or, figure that out; then farm those recepies) then make those.

I have a central bank character that I use to sell all of my auctions and this makes it easy as I can leave all of my characters wherever they need to be and still be able to send them whatever they need from the AH. And, if all of the money I get from the AH isn't in the bags of the main character I'm using, the less likely I'll spend it. I called her Msbank. She's a tauren druid and I've slowly leveled her to be a 29 twink.

Either way... Besides selling the most expensive items and realising that sometimes the raw materials can sell for more than any crafted item, do you have any suggestions as to how to coordinate the professions of all of my 80s? As in, Is there any sort of way I can make them all dependant on each other?

I had an idea of something that would be cool. I was thinking it would be cool to set up all of my characters like a company or buisness, where I provide a massive range of services. If only I could advertise on one character all of the stuff I can do, then I can get on my mage and port the person to whichever major city the character I need is at. It'd be kinda cool and it'd help me pro-actively use my professions to make money. It's too easy to just leave your professions and not do anything with them. If you are diligent at doing things with your professions regularly, it's amazing how much gold you end up netting.

Anyway, I've rambled on for too long now. :P|||Quote:








I don't believe this timing...No way you are getting a STACK of fish (that sell for 50g) in 10 minutes. One every 30 seconds....




One fish every 30 seconds eh? I'm pretty sure a lure is only in the water for 10.

Anyway, I have been leveling my fishing... it's at 363 or so. I like it when I'm really tired and can't sleep. It does net some good money. Cooking is great too.|||Quote:








I don't believe this timing...No way you are getting a STACK of fish (that sell for 50g) in 10 minutes. One every 30 seconds....




I just timed it to prove the point. 10 minutes of fishing (using the lure from my hat as a timer) netted me:

23 Dragonfin Angelfish (current going rate = 53g per stack of 20)

16 Pygmy Suckerfish (a little extra gold)

2 Crystallized Water (always a bonus)

An hours fishing could get me just about 7 stacks of Dragonfin Angelfish.... which equals around 350g (+ extras)

So.... either I'm an amazing fisherman or you're a rubbish one ;)|||Quote:








I just timed it to prove the point. 10 minutes of fishing (using the lure from my hat as a timer) netted me:

23 Dragonfin Angelfish (current going rate = 53g per stack of 20)

16 Pygmy Suckerfish (a little extra gold)

2 Crystallized Water (always a bonus)

An hours fishing could get me just about 7 stacks of Dragonfin Angelfish.... which equals around 350g (+ extras)

So.... either I'm an amazing fisherman or you're a rubbish one ;)




Fishing is a great and relaxing way to make money. I'm going to level it nightly until I am at 450, so I can fish and cook. Cooking is pretty amazing for money. Buff food and such is worth so much.|||I think that level the profession fast with the proper way is saving your money. Found an online guide that may help you dealing with the professtion and get it to 450, you can view it here: guy4game.com/wowguide/store/preview.htm?aid=510

No comments:

Post a Comment